Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Boxer Champion?

Yes 3726 71.28%
No 792 15.15%
Maybe 709 13.56%
Voters 5227 .

A Boxer Champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xeynid

Senior Member

05-16-2012

Riot doesn't tend to enjoy % chances, I would assume it would be every 3rd attack will deal double damage, and will fill your "Combo bar".
The "Combo Bar" has 99 max, each skill costs 33, except for the ult, which costs 66.
Just my idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroJager

Senior Member

05-16-2012

They need a boxer and an alchemist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Citricide

Recruiter

05-16-2012

Quote:
Xeynid:
Riot doesn't tend to enjoy % chances, I would assume it would be every 3rd attack will deal double damage, and will fill your "Combo bar".
The "Combo Bar" has 99 max, each skill costs 33, except for the ult, which costs 66.
Just my idea.


Yeah i'm still trying to figure out how it might work. If we get riot to see this they might consider a boxing champion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Citricide

Recruiter

05-16-2012

Passive: Every 3rd attack does 150% physical damage and rewards 1 combo point. (5 Combo Points Max)

Q Combos

Left, Right
Hook
Straight
Uppercut
Haymaker

(Active): Champion deals a series of combos starting with Left, Right. After each combo lands, the Q spell will change its name to the next attack in the chain.
Left, Right -> Hook -> Straight -> Upper Cut -> Haymaker. When the Q spell is first used, Champion cannot gain combo points from passive. Combos will cooldown if you run out of combo points, or don't use the next combo in the chain within 2 seconds.

W Feint: Champion feints enemy champion, causing next auto attack to deal additional physical damage and taunt the enemy.

E Dash: Dash forward

R Dempsey Roll: Weave through all nearby champions dealing physical damage to all of them.

How about this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GenericNameFTW

Senior Member

05-16-2012

The problem I see is that 1. Lee Sin semi-covers this basis as he uses only martial arts, which although boxing differs in some key aspects, not sure if they differ enough for the design team to really want to make a different champ, and more importantly 2. Having to go in order (QWE) really limits play style and would make the champ get old fast, imo.

Edit: Didn't see the changes on last page before posting, that seems a bit better. However might be hard to balance such a large number of abilities on just one key.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cdawg44

Senior Member

05-16-2012

idea:

all of your moves have no cooldown, but are extremely weak by themselves. You have an energy source (something like endurance).

here's the cool part, if you string together your moves in a certain combo, you produce a certain effect (example: QQWE produces a punch that stuns an enemy at the end of the combo)

just a thought.

also: you have to stop using abilities to get endurance back, or they will do a % less dmg. than normal.


thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Citricide

Recruiter

05-16-2012

Quote:
GenericNameFTW:
The problem I see is that 1. Lee Sin semi-covers this basis as he uses only martial arts, which although boxing differs in some key aspects, not sure if they differ enough for the design team to really want to make a different champ, and more importantly 2. Having to go in order (QWE) really limits play style and would make the champ get old fast, imo.


I just posted a whole different idea in which the Q spell will deal 5 different types of attack and will all chain together. The Q spell will chain its name depending which attack in the chain is next.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Citricide

Recruiter

05-16-2012

Quote:
Cdawg44:
idea:

all of your moves have no cooldown, but are extremely weak by themselves. You have an energy source (something like endurance).

here's the cool part, if you string together your moves in a certain combo, you produce a certain effect (example: QQWE produces a punch that stuns an enemy at the end of the combo)

just a thought.

also: you have to stop using abilities to get endurance back, or they will do a % less dmg. than normal.


thoughts?


If you look on my OP or the one above yours I suggested kinda like the same thing. Where you have an energy resource and combo points.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dues Pater

Senior Member

05-16-2012

make him a cocky famous dark skin champion.

Black champion + boxer= 2 birds killed with one stone


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Citricide

Recruiter

05-16-2012

Quote:
Dues Pater:
make him a cocky famous dark skin champion.

Black champion + boxer= 2 birds killed with one stone


I kinda liked the thought of having a female champion