Boxer Champion?

Yes 3,721 71.26%
No 792 15.17%
Maybe 709 13.58%
Voters: 5222. You may not vote on this poll

A Boxer Champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoboDeNoche5510

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

bumps all round

Dryad Soraka

08-09-2012

>Get Blitzcrank, get skin
>Lee Sin

Trolosaurus

08-09-2012

Like some sorta dude that just goes all out slugging and decking and rabbit punching would be awesome.
Maybe make him partially hextech with metal fists?

LoboDeNoche5510

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by florrie View Post
>Get Blitzcrank, get skin
>Lee Sin
people should stop saying that, neither of those two are boxers.

Zack Brownicus

08-10-2012

Swear to god if they make the 1st black champion a boxer I'm going to flip.

DemothHymside

08-10-2012

That last two thumbnail pictures confused me way more than interested me. Honestly, if it were cute anime girls beating on my champ, I'd figure Riot went full weeaboo and would go back to Gears of War, where manly men do manly things like cut f--kers in half while yelling curse words!

AMERICA, F--K YEAH!

BiggieJohn

08-10-2012

Still waiting....

Really want my boxer champ over some of theses generic bruisers with weapons.

Einlanzen

08-10-2012

I've been waiting for a boxing champ for almost 2 years now. I was so desperate I bought the Muay Thai Lee Sin skin, just because it's the closest thing we have right now. I'll just throw this idea out there on what I'd like to see from this champion.

Boxer McGee, the Boxing McBoxer (Name can be changed, I guess, if you want to)

Energy based champion (Mana makes no sense on a boxer, I would like to see a mechanic similar to Rumble on Boxer McGee. Low cooldowns on his abilities, when he uses them he uses up Energy, and if he uses them too much for burst damage, he gets a "Tired" status that slows his movement and attack speed, or something to persuade you not to blow everything you have right away. The opposite could work, where you build up Rage as you attack, and when you hit your combos correctly you get into a state that increases your stats for a short time.)

Q: Jab/Cross - Jab is a quick, low cooldown poke move that does damage and slides you forward a bit. Cross is a followup move that's usable after Jab, and does more damage, but doesn't move you forward. So you'd slide forward, hit with Jab, then hit with Cross for a small combo.

W: Hook/Uppercut - Does damage in an arc in front of Boxer McGee. AOE move for farming/team fights. Uppercut is usable afterwards, doing damage and knocking your opponent into the air for 1 second, or half a second, or whatever is balanced.

E: Bob/Weave - Utility move for movement. Bob is a short dash towards your cursor, Weave is usable after for another short dash. If you use Weave, your Armor/MR is increased, or your damage is increased, or whatever is balanced. Keep the dash distance fairly low, since that fits the boxer theme, and we don't really need any more champions that can just fly around the battlefield.

R: Vicious Combo (Or whatever you want to call it) - I don't know what the ultimate should really be, but my idea would be a mix of Poppy's dash and Warwick's ult. You dash towards your selected champion, starting a flurry of punches. The momentum keeps carrying you forward as you continue to punch their face off, and if you hit a wall with them, a shockwave is created that deals damage to all surrounding enemies.

So, the dream would be to ult in to someone, punch them like 100 times, pinning them against the wall and creating a shockwave for the damage. Then Jab/Cross combo to your next target, Hook/Uppercut them for some short CC and AOE damage, then Bob/Weave to create some confusion and dodge some skillshots. Repeat.

I'm sure this isn't anywhere near perfect, but this would be what I would want out of a boxing champ.

SuperGinger

08-10-2012

3rd pic pls

Citricide

08-10-2012

boxer