Boxer Champion?

Yes 3,722 71.26%
No 792 15.16%
Maybe 709 13.57%
Voters: 5223. You may not vote on this poll

A Boxer Champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aweonao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terablo View Post
I always get a HUGEEEEEEE smile on my face when I see this thread.

The first champion concept I have ever done was actually a boxer. Yet it lacked a bit the kazaaaaaam baaaaaaaang baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang to make it far.

However as I am still subverting the design team in getting them to adopt him I can not post more details yet.

So, keep on bringing ideas on how a boxer can be a fun, viable and engaging summoner and together we might stand a chance in the ring of champion creation!
i love that akali splash...... :c


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Overmind Slab

Senior Member

08-07-2012

I voted yes but I don't care about a boxer champion like that, I want a boxer champion, like the dog.

Image from Rouge Galaxy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxJigaI3oo399xX

Junior Member

08-07-2012

Please bump.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terablo View Post
I always get a HUGEEEEEEE smile on my face when I see this thread.

The first champion concept I have ever done was actually a boxer. Yet it lacked a bit the kazaaaaaam baaaaaaaang baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang to make it far.

However as I am still subverting the design team in getting them to adopt him I can not post more details yet.

So, keep on bringing ideas on how a boxer can be a fun, viable and engaging summoner and together we might stand a chance in the ring of champion creation!
The most obvious way is to give him elemental abilities, and possibly ranged / melee stances like Jayce.

This makes it really easy to come up with move designs that would make him fit better into the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-07-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBamDragon View Post
hmm..i personally would love a "boxer" type of champ..a champ thats amazing with their hands...

it doesnt have to nec. be like "western" boxing with the gloves...but in that family..

the emotes could be so awesome..
I am intimidated at the idea of any combination of RiotBamDragon and fists of fury. The guy would kick my ass IRL very easily. I don't know about Morello though. Morello has a wirey survivor aspect to them that might best RiotBamDragon.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManlyTeemo

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
This is a really cool area that has a lot of room for being cooler. We have avoided making a straight up boxer...because we believe we can go further and make it even better! Think about it, what are super awesome ways that you can take the boxer trope to the next level?
Cooler than this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwagnetoX

Member

08-07-2012

I'll be happy if the Boxing Champ had this Ult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCWbl8ajfA8


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labcown

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
This is a really cool area that has a lot of room for being cooler. We have avoided making a straight up boxer...because we believe we can go further and make it even better! Think about it, what are super awesome ways that you can take the boxer trope to the next level?
I would love to see a sort of elemental shamanistic boxer. Kind of a parallel to Udyr, who uses stances and druidism in his kit, I would like to see this Boxer use elemental attacks that would leave an empowerment on his next melee attack.

So if his Q was say an Earth Stone Toss or something along those lines, it would leave his fists empowered by earth, causing his next attack to deal X amount of magic damage. Or if his W was a sort of Water Whip that's a mixture of Amumu's Q and Blitz's Q (Essentially moving both characters to the center of the skillshot), it'd make his next melee attack slow by X amount.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManlyTeemo

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labcown View Post
I would love to see a sort of elemental shamanistic boxer. Kind of a parallel to Udyr, who uses stances and druidism in his kit, I would like to see this Boxer use elemental attacks that would leave an empowerment on his next melee attack.

So if his Q was say an Earth Stone Toss or something along those lines, it would leave his fists empowered by earth, causing his next attack to deal X amount of magic damage. Or if his W was a sort of Water Whip that's a mixture of Amumu's Q and Blitz's Q (Essentially moving both characters to the center of the skillshot), it'd make his next melee attack slow by X amount.
Only so long as his R is a Falcon Punch.




... "show me your moves!"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleFoxx

Member

08-07-2012

Dude! What if his R was a "K.O." move that actually knocked out a champion? Not stun/snare, but INSTAKILLS them for 3 seconds, then they respawn again as if they had a ga? I could see a ton of uses for that.