Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Troubled by Emotion (Garen x Katarina)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SV Artixero

07-11-2012

Chapter 13

Credits to StormNehalem, GodsEye and Ahoomaha for material in this chapter.
---------------------------------------------------------
Garen took a deep breath before leaning backwards and looking at his work. He had been helping a family rebuild their home, and Garen did most of the carrying of lumber and hammering of the nails. It was noon and the sun was blocked by dark clouds. It was as if the skies were lamenting on the lost lives and the destroyed homes of the people of Demacia, and there was a hint that it might start raining soon. Garen gave a quick grunt as he cracked his back, then turned to the family.

"There you go. The framework has been fixed, but I'm afraid you'll have to find someone else for furniture," Garen said.

"Thank you very much, sir," The father of the family said.

Garen gave them all a pleasant goodbye before heading over to his home. It was a stressful day and Garen was off to some well deserved break. He fixed three houses all by himself from dawn to noon, so he felt he was doing good work. The buzz of the rebuilding process filled the streets of Demacia and there were plenty of people helping or fixing their houses, and the hammering of nails were heard all over the residential sectors. Garen arrived at his house and opened the door, then removed his boots by the door and walked in to the living room. There was no one home, so he went into the kitchen and found Katarina in front of the stove, stirring something.

"I'm home," Garen said.

"Welcome home," Katarina replied.

Garen walked up to Katarina and hugged her from behind. Katarina leaned her head back on Garen's shoulder and kissed his jaw. Garen smiled and gave Katarina a quick peck on the lips before letting go of her.

"What are you cooking?" Garen inquired.

"Stew," Katarina responded.

"What kind of stew?"

"Beef stew."

"Ah, my favorite dish."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"I'll make it extra special for you, then," Katarina said as she turned to look at Garen.

"I appreciate it," Garen responded with a smile.

"So, how's the rebuilding coming along?" Katarina asked, returning her attention to the food she was cooking.

"It's going great! I rebuilt three houses ever since I went out to help, so the progress is doing alright," Garen spoke as he looked at the table and the stuff on it. Really, there was none, so Garen decided to set the table for him and Katarina.

"That's good. Heard anything from your friends or your sister?"

"Nah. They must be busy and all. I haven't seen any of them even once ever since we all set out of the house," Garen explained. He placed two plates and a two pairs of spoons and forks beside them.

Katarina really wanted to say, "I wish I could help," but it might provoke anger from the Demacians for a Noxian to help them, especially since the Demacians think that Noxus is behind the attack. She really didn't want to warrant any more attention towards herself, and all she wanted was not getting into any more trouble than she is in already. It was only then when she thought of actually doing something to help, instead of not doing a thing. Katarina turned off the stove then grabbed Garen, and dragged him to the door.

"Hey, where are we going?" Garen asked.

"I'm going to help."

"Alright, but where are we going?"

"To Jarvan."

Several minutes passed and Garen, with Katarina, navigated to the Palace. They found Jarvan signing papers and parchments regarding the rebuilding of Demacia's residential sectors. Jarvan sighed and wiped his forehead of sweat, with the heat of the day making the Palace like an oven. Shyvana was at Jarvan's side, as usual, watching over him as he signed the papers and parchments that allowed engineers and carpenters to take money from the Royal treasury. Being a prince sure was hard. He saw the shadow of two people and he grumbled mentally, as he thought more documents were waiting to be signed.

"On with it," Jarvan said.

"Oh, don't be like that, Jarvan," Katarina said with a slight purr in her voice.

"What...?" Jarvan looked up and saw Katarina and Garen, "Oh, it's you two," he said, then put down the writing utensil he was using, "So, what news?"

"I've repaired a few houses in the residential district, and it seems like the recovery is doing well," Garen reported.

"I see, that's good. Well, I've issued a lockdown of the place, so there won't be anyone coming in or out while we rebuild."

"About that..." Katarina began, "I was hoping to ask your permission to scout around the area."

"Why?" Jarvan asked.

"The culprit(s) may still be around Demacia," Katarina suggested.

"Why would a Noxian help the Demacians?" Shyvana questioned.

"Well, it really is quite simple..." Garen started, but Katarina shushed him.

"What is quite simple?" Jarvan asked.

"I just want to help, okay?" Katarina said with a sigh.

"I don't see a problem with that, but let me know before you leave," Jarvan said, then stood up and stretched.

Katarina and Garen left the palace shortly after their conversation, and they went to the Academy. Garen didn't want to tell Lux that he was leaving on a scouting "mission" around Demacia since he knew she'd force herself to come again, and after she was injured in their little commando mission at Noxus, he didn't want to risk it. Garen figured he'd ask someone to tell Lux for him. Coincidentally, Sona was strolling by the Academy. Garen approached her and she turned to look at him. After explaining to her the situation, and how Garen asked for Sona to tell Jarvan and Lux that they were going out, she just nodded and plucked a few strings, then went on her way. Garen didn't even know if she understood what he said, but he figured she did. Katarina eyed Garen skeptically, but the two proceeded to leave Demacia as they snuck past the guards and off to the nearby forest. The two searched through the grass and the trees, just to see if there were tracks left behind or anything, but they saw something else. They saw a teddy bear dressed in girl's clothes lying on the ground, covered by a few fallen leaves.

"Hey, isn't that Tibbers?" Garen asked Katarina, who was holding the stuffed animal in her hands.

"Yes, but if he's dressed like this... that means we have a child in a bear costume roaming around..." Katarina said, then continued the search. It wasn't long until they found a clearing with two people in it.

"Have you seen my bear Tibbers?" Annie, in her bear costume, asked a big armored man.

"I have no clue," the man answered, then turned around to reveal that it was Darius.

"Oh, that jerk! Stay back, Katarina!" Garen said, before taking his sword and started a charge to Darius, however he was strangled when suddenly Katarina pulled on his scarf.

"I'll handle him," Katarina said, before stepping out of the bushes where they were hiding. Garen had been hurt enough times by Darius for her sake. It was time to repay Garen.

Darius turned to look at Katarina, and they immediately started fighting. Annie was standing nice and close to the battle that it drove Garen insane with worry. He circled around the clearing and grabbed Annie into the bushes. Katarina's movement was too fast to track, but they could obviously see that Darius wasn't having too much of a problem against Katarina. Annie complained about her stuffed animal, and was about to cry, but Garen gave her Tibbers just in time before she cried and now Annie clung onto Garen's scarf like her life depended on it. Garen wrestled with Annie as gently as he could to get her off his scarf, meanwhile Darius and Katarina were having an intense battle. When Garen finally managed to get Annie off of his scarf, Katarina was all alone in the clearing, with a trail of blood on the ground that had been from Darius.

Garen carried Annie on his shoulder then walked into the clearing, "You alright?" He asked.

"You jerk! Here I am, sacrificing my life for all the hard work you've done and all you do is horse around with a little girl? You could've at least watched me!" the angry Katarina yelled.

Annie clapped after Katarina yelled, and Garen held up his hands in front of him, "Now, what was Darius doing here?"

"Like I know! We just found him here, remember?" Katarina said as she placed her daggers by her belt.

"Well, it's possible that your people are responsible for the bombing, considering Darius was here," Garen said.

"Yeah..." Katarina mumbled, then passed out. Garen caught her just before she fell to the ground, and Annie clung onto Garen's head as he bent over to catch Katarina.

Garen brought Katarina back to Demacia, where he was met with a furious duo of Jarvan and Lux.

"I cannot believe you!" Jarvan shouted.

"Where have you been, brother?" demanded Lux at the same time.

"I told you to tell me before you left!" Jarvan yelled as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Lux looked at Garen, bewildered, "You left? With her!"

"That was all Sona! I told her to tell you guys but she just went strum strum and went on her way!" Garen tried to explain.

"You expect a mute person to speak to us? What were you thinking, Garen?" Jarvan asked.

"Anyway-" Garen started.

"Don't you 'anyway' me! You went out with one girl and returned with two! And she's just a child!" Lux said, pointing to Annie who was on Garen's shoulders.

"Garen... I didn't think you were into that kind of stuff..." Jarvan said as he slowly backed away from Garen.

"Brother... what happened to you...?" Lux said, following Jarvan as she took several steps backward.

"Hey... It isn't like that!" Garen said, trying to appeal to the two.

"Run!" Lux yelled before bolting away from Garen. Jarvan did the same too.

All of a sudden, Katarina pushed herself away from Garen and looked at him while her eyebrows twitched, "Why you..." she whipsered angrily before she slapped Garen senseless. Annie cheered and clapped as Garen got his punishment for the misunderstanding.

---------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the Palace, Jarvan opened up a parchment that had the Freljordian seal on it. He read through the contents quickly and frowned. Apparently, Noxus has requested aid from the Freljordians since they were besieged by an "unknown enemy". Ashe had sent some scouts to see who this unknown enemy was, and apparently it was the void army, with Cho'Gath leading them again. Jarvan placed the parchment down and sat down on his throne. He had many things to consider. Katarina helping out Demacia was a sign that she could be wanting to work a diplomacy between Demacia and Noxus, but the fact that they found Darius in the forests near Demacia just after the bombing meant that Noxus had a hand in the bombing. The Demacians would like some Noxian blood spilt for the bombing incident, and Katarina was the first target. If Katarina were to be executed, Garen might and will defect, either to the Freljordians or to the Noxians. If Garen defects, they lose one great magician to sorrow, which was Lux. If they lose Lux, the defense of Demacia would be halved in efficiency. There was just one way to solve these problems quickly, and it was to blame Noxus for the bombing, and at the same time, convince the people to make peace with the Noxians since they now share a common enemy. Hopefully, the small timeframe of peace and being allies would show the peoples of Noxus and Demacia that it wasn't so bad having each other as friends.

Jarvan sighed. It was all a gamble. They had to move quickly too, or Noxus would be no more if they waited too long.

"Where's Garen?" Jarvan asked Shyvana.

"He's by the entrance," Shyvana replied.

"Tell him to come here immediately."

"I'm afraid he's still getting slapped senseless by Katarina."

"Oh... Well, when he's done, tell him to come over."

"Of course."

GodsEye

07-11-2012

.-. You used my idea? Thank you. Anyway, this chapter was great.

Loso

07-12-2012

I don't understand. Why is Katarina attacking Garen at the end?

SV Artixero

07-12-2012

Quote:
AhLoso:
I don't understand. Why is Katarina attacking Garen at the end?

She thinks Garen is romantically interested in Annie, as hinted by Jarvan and Lux. She got jealous that she was losing to a little girl.

Tigersight

07-12-2012

A bit of confusion in chapter 6. How would Sona tell Jarvan about Garen and Katarina? She doesn't seem to be close to the prince (unless you count just being in the League as immediately granting access to the heads of your city?) That and she can't actually speak.

SV Artixero

07-12-2012

Quote:
Tigersight:
A bit of confusion in chapter 6. How would Sona tell Jarvan about Garen and Katarina? She doesn't seem to be close to the prince (unless you count just being in the League as immediately granting access to the heads of your city?) That and she can't actually speak.

That's a good point, and I realized this just recently. It's good that people catch my mistakes when I have them.

Tigersight

07-12-2012

Quote:
Jaime Yaneza:
That's a good point, and I realized this just recently. It's good that people catch my mistakes when I have them.

Haha, that was quick response. XD Just finished reading up to date.

The thing I really want to know is: why hasn't the Institute of War intervened yet? They let a Noxion(that's totally not spelled right) army attack Damacia head on, then let two different void army attacks happen? The attacks were even led by champions aligned with their own institute. The last time there was fighting like that, they wiped Kalamanda to stop it.

Hmm... but anyway, I love where you're going with the story. I kind of lost my train of thought...

PS Lux is such a creeper! >_<

BarcIay

Recruiter

07-12-2012

Hey man, great job on the recent chapter, and I just wanted to say thanks for accrediting me there.

Just some constructive criticism, nothing major.

Darius sulking around Demacia: Brilliant idea. You could use that to show that maybe Darius went to go there to apologize, but started having second thoughts. Though this goes against Darius'es actual personality in the lore - After all, he did chop off a man's head after Swain crushed him in battle.

Jarvan backing away from Garen thinking he's a pedophile: Hm....I don't know if I've been watching too much "Lalalalala Demacia" or just really sleep-deprived, but I don't think Jarvan would do that other than in a joking manner. (Inb4 he Ultis 3 allies by accident.)

Katarina smacking Garen silly : YES! YES! ALL OF MY YESSSS!!!!!!!!

GodsEye

07-12-2012

Quote:
Tigersight:
Haha, that was quick response. XD Just finished reading up to date.

The thing I really want to know is: why hasn't the Institute of War intervened yet? They let a Noxion(that's totally not spelled right) army attack Damacia head on, then let two different void army attacks happen? The attacks were even led by champions aligned with their own institute. The last time there was fighting like that, they wiped Kalamanda to stop it.

Hmm... but anyway, I love where you're going with the story. I kind of lost my train of thought...

PS Lux is such a creeper! >_<

>:O How dare you call Lux a creeper!

AlAlva

07-20-2012

i want more lol

good job