Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do i change avatar in forum?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Method Acting

06-20-2012

Quote:
Panzerfaust:
(What's the point of having an avatar if it looks like everyone else's.)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/lol_theme/img/unknown_icon.jpg

(lol)

Eno Crux

Recruiter

06-21-2012

Quote:
Method Acting:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/lol_theme/img/unknown_icon.jpg

(lol)

Good point, although technically if you allowed a moderator service where a report goes to the forum moderator and a ban goes out to the forum icon.

another way to do this is perhaps having a large array of pictures anywhere from "summoner skills" for example i'd probably want rammus' power ball all the way up to champions (given that you reached an achievement in game). The problem of differentiating from faculty would be to put a fancy frame around staff icons, coding might take longer but not that much.

GoAheadCornelius

06-22-2012

Quote:
Panzerfaust:
Do think that would really help things? Instead of 'why do we have a question mark,' you'll now have 'why are we a turret?' I definitely understand where you're coming from, but I don't think it would have the impact you think it would.

The real question here is why don't we have a turret? I want a turret, did anyone else get a turret? Where can I get a turret? I'm a turret!

Antebellynn

09-05-2012

Why can't Riot implement the characters and such as avatars? Don't have to let us put our own pictures because yes I do understand the wrong images that could appear. But I would love to put a little minion or Lux or something as my avatar. Riot already has the images, just open it to us

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-05-2012

Quote:
Antebellynn:
Why can't Riot implement the characters and such as avatars? Don't have to let us put our own pictures because yes I do understand the wrong images that could appear. But I would love to put a little minion or Lux or something as my avatar. Riot already has the images, just open it to us

I believe there are plans to do something of the sort in the future, however there's one main problem with this currently. As Riot is currently the only one with avatars (well, other than the 'group' avatars for Emissaries/Council/etc), not only does it make their presence stand out, but it gives them some uniqueness. Everyone knows that the parrot poster is IronStylus (okay not everyone, but a lot of people do). If you could pick the same avatar as a Rioter, it allows for confusion.

If Riot was creating the forums from scratch I'm sure there are some things they could/would do differently, but they now have to work with everything that's already in place (and not just code). It's the same reason it's easier to create a new champion than to rework an existing champion; the former has complete freedom while the latter is restricted (sometimes heavily so).

Now, you could argue that 'Rioters shouldn't have that massive divide, as giving others avatars would include them as part of the community,' and you would have some ground to stand on. That's another issue though.

Isamichi

09-05-2012

^: Can't i just get an awesome Green font & Avatar like yours Panzer?

I just thought of something concerning avatars: is it possible to create like pieces of an avatar that you can mix & Match to create your very own unique one? I know Woot.Com does something similar. Maybe Riot can do sometihng like it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-05-2012

Anything is possible. The issue is how much new tech an idea would require, whether it would mess with the current method (even if you dislike the current system dealing with avatars, it still holds weight), and how much of a benefit it would actually be.

Could they let you use any of a preset 1000000000 pictures? I'm sure they could, but it would be impossible to search through effectively, take a lot of resources (both server-side and client-side), and possibly not really do much for the players.

GrandeGlande

09-05-2012

Implement teh same avatars that are available in game!

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-05-2012

That was one of the ideas they mentioned, but with only ~15-20 available... Would it really provide enough uniqueness to your posts, or would it just be an eyesore?

(Actually I believe they wanted to tie your Summoner Icon to your forum avatar, but the tech isn't available atm, so they need to balance creating the tech with the benefits.)

KingofMaelstroms

09-12-2012

They could make it a sort of ranked system like on some forums. It wouldn't be anything to brag about but it would make it easier to differentiate between active/older members from the not-so-active/new members. I'm not even sure what the difference between Junior Member, Member and Senior Member is.