How do i change avatar in forum?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Collapsis

06-17-2012

Panzerfaust... you have an avatar. I might be missing out to set my own avatar (if the possibility even exists), or it could because under your avatar it says "Emissary of the League" unlike the vast majority of the others that I've seen. Which, needless to say, it says "Junior Member". Is that the reason being, or have they actually done something about it since this forum was made?

LordHetigo

06-17-2012

I just think its to much trouble for the Riot teams staff right now. Like Panzer said they would have to go through each and every account to just look at the avatar a job that would take hours im sure considering the fan base. I do like the idea of being able to pick from the many differnet icons of the League like the others had mentioned but once again as Panzer said eventually there would ust be so many of the same thing tho I do feel that is better then everyone having a question mark! But I can understand not wanting to add something else to the forums right now since they have a hard enough time trying to back up the Summoners Code on here against all the rude, vulgar infints that we have on here.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-18-2012

There are a few volunteer positions that are... due for an overhaul soon. The Emissaries are one of them. There are a few others, but they're not really 'apply here to get a picture' and more 'hey you've been doing a swell job, here's a picture.'

MrFabuous

06-18-2012

See, why couldnt they simply apply a set picture for people? Say, a picture junior members, a second picture for members and a third for senior? Or even a basic overall picture for everyone (obviously except the heads, emissary peoples, wrenchmen, etc.) of, oh, lets say, a turret or something?

Sorry if this comes across as annoying, Im personally just sick of seeing question marks everywhere...

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-18-2012

Do think that would really help things? Instead of 'why do we have a question mark,' you'll now have 'why are we a turret?' I definitely understand where you're coming from, but I don't think it would have the impact you think it would.

MrFabuous

06-18-2012

It wouldnt be much of a change,
But come on, you have to admit,
A picture of a turret (which was a random icon I thought of in relation to the game, no sense having a picture of a door lock) would be so much better then a picture of a question mark.
Not much of an impact, but I reckon people would be less likely to ask for an avatar change if it was just a picture to begin with instead of puncuation...

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-18-2012

Like I said, for some it would be an improvement, but others would simply cause more issues. I'm not taking a hard stance on the issue because I'm not privy to Riot's discussions. There have been plenty of topics where they reveal a few of the deciding factors behind their decisions, and they make things much less black and white.

LordHetigo

06-18-2012

The League is still young and will grow, I'm sure one day we will be able to make a change to our icons but for now Riot seems more focused on in game then on the forums. I think they are doing a great job tho and will eventually give us some sort of change or else they never would have made it possible to have one in the first place. So really we just all need to be patient and Riot will figure it out someday.

Alpha Zealot

06-20-2012

There is an avatar included with the Pulsefire skin soon to be released.

http://promo.leagueoflegends.com/pul...ezreal/en.html

I'm sure as they release more skins/bundles like these, we will have more available options and I wouldn't be surprised if they release such things with the legendary skins or such.

aviraaaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
There are a few volunteer positions that are... due for an overhaul soon™. The Emissaries are one of them. There are a few others, but they're not really 'apply here to get a picture' and more 'hey you've been doing a swell job, here's a picture.'
Fixed!

123456 ... 7