How do i change avatar in forum?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TAF TrafalgarLaw

05-16-2012

Is it possible to change the avatar-icon on the forum? just curious ^^

Wolfgrey666

05-16-2012

No, they were supposed to do that years ago.Not yet, dont worry they will take care of something almost every single forum out there(even on crappy sites) has eventually.

I just don't get why they haven't. Let us have some identity will ya Riot?

Kame Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

I doubt Riot will implement it. The reason is that it allows people to put whatever they want on there as an image. People can put sexually explicit images there, or offensive images. Disabling avatars prevents having to deal with problems such as that. If you've noticed, a lot of disabled features other games have are disabled as a preventive thing.

Korilakkuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

Nope! You can't change your avatar/icon on the forums. As of now, only RIOT employees and volunteers have them.

TAF TrafalgarLaw

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunPewPew View Post
People can put sexually explicit images there, or offensive images.
aint that just to ban the person from forum? but guess thats the issues you spoke about that riot can do so that they wont deal with it, by having it disabled /unabled to change avatar.

^^

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAF TrafalgarLaw View Post
aint that just to ban the person from forum? but guess thats the issues you spoke about that riot can do so that they wont deal with it, by having it disabled /unabled to change avatar.

^^
Banning is reactive and doesn't undo the harm caused by an inappropriate avatar. To allow custom avatars you would either need to risk this happening (and then punish offenders - again this isn't a solution, merely a necessity) or have a team dedicated to personally reviewing each and every avatar.

Some people suggest a selection of available avatars, but this has its own problems. First you need to have enough that you don't see the same dozen in every forum. (What's the point of having an avatar if it looks like everyone else's.) Secondly, if you were to allow champion avatars, they would need to rethink Rioter avatars. Meddler, for instance, is quite recognizable by his Ziggs avatar, just as Xyph (Vlad, whatever his Victorian skin is called), Morello (Noxus Hunter Anivia), and plenty of others. If these avatars are no longer unique to Rioters, what do you do? If you're not allowing champion avatars, there are only so many poses of minions you can have before they all start looking the same.

If you want to be memorable, make good points and have a memorable name. Renekton Bot is well known for instance, even though he doesn't have an avatar, as is RinTheYordle.

PnuttTheMighty

05-30-2012

i think they could implement it, but let us choose from a list of preset pictures; like ability icons, or minions.

Tantuu

05-30-2012

Personally I'd also like to be able to make skill icons or possibly even items as my avatar as well. For instance I like Fizz's Urchin Strike image and I use it as my avatar on my Youtube channel. That could easily diminish the amount of people having the same avatar.

Awesome Krauser

05-30-2012

why dont they do the same as in game were you choose game related icons like minions, Pyramids
youcould choose champ skill icons like Darius ultimate icon, yeah that would be awesome

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantuu View Post
Personally I'd also like to be able to make skill icons or possibly even items as my avatar as well. For instance I like Fizz's Urchin Strike image and I use it as my avatar on my Youtube channel. That could easily diminish the amount of people having the same avatar.
While the majority of Riot employees use champions, there are some that use skills, buffs, or various portions of champion splash art (Skarner's tail). Whether they would be forced to change their avatars or Riot is thinking about not giving avatars at all (or at least not champions) is yet to be seen.

12345 ... 7