Map Views /w Locked/Unlocked Camera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-17-2012

By choosing to play with locked camera, you forfeit the privilege of being anything other than retarded a crybaby.

MoonStomp

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaTrae View Post
To get straight to the point, if you play locked camera like I do, you're at a huge disadvantage starting on the top of the map. With the angle of view that the playing field has, if you are on bottom, you can see much further than on top.

An example: I'm playing Vayne bottom vs. Caitlyn. Yes Caitlyn already has a very long range, but with the 1168x780 screen size setting, she shoots me off screen. Why is that even possible?

The maps need to have the same angle of view no matter which side you start on for fairness.

And no, I don't want to have to scroll, I'm not a fan.
If you don't like it don't play.

Moogra2u

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

If you don't want to play with a locked screen, you just don't want to learn another skill. It's just another skill to play with like last hitting and map awareness. Most if not all people at a high level of play use it, because it's not too hard to pick up and it has advantages. It's like in tetris where people have a few things to gradually progress learning about: Counter Clockwise turning, All twists including S/Z/L/J/I, Finesse, Double Turns. Yeah you don't have to learn how to do CCW turns or twists (spins), but there's a reason why most people are crushed. In this game yeah you don't have to know how to last hit or when to push, but if the opposing team does it well and your team doesn't, well to win, the other team must have to make tons of mistakes.

It's probably not too difficult for Riot to make it so that the UI can be flipped but it should also not be difficult to not play with a locked screen. I started out not playing with it and when I do play with a locked screen for fun, there is really NO advantage at all. There are a number of advantages to not playing with a locked screen; the UI on the bottom is not one.

Greekwog

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digressed View Post
Easy fix. Learn to play unlocked. Every good player learns to why should they have to fix it for lazy people? On top of the wider range of view with unlocked you can view anything on the map at all times.

Learn to play unlocked or deal with what riot decided to do with the map.
Dyrus plays locked camera if I recall

FCBEminem

Recruiter

05-18-2012

I have the same problem,and all my friends know that if its purple side i will cry. Caitlyn is the worst to lane against with this, so what i have to do is make sure that we get to the bush first. Then we try to keep them at their turret, so we dont have to go downwards. If you're forced to go downn by your turret, go into interface and make your hud smaller until you can push so you're going sideways. I dont see why riot made the thing in a square shape rather than a sideways kite shape.

Moogra2u

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekwog View Post
Dyrus plays locked camera if I recall
He doesn't, at least not most of the time.

DemonCrayola

05-19-2012

I agree with you OP. As soon as I started playing with Ziggs, I instaraged if I was in the purple Nexus because of his ranged abilities. It would literally cripple me since I wouldn't be able to bounce the bomb at its farthest point, so it'd only go half as far as it should have been able to go. Of course it was because of that that I ended up getting used to an unlocked camera, and even implement it if I'm on the blue nexus... Still, they should have an option to flip the hud as Krotank stated. If they're going to force you to have a disadvantage, then they honestly shouldn't even have locked camera as a feature, since people will just get accustomed to it and feel uncomfortable switching.

Ira Nibanabane

07-14-2012

I am a necromancer of threads! xD
I was actually looking for if there was a reason I keep getting put at Purple Nexus as a starting point instead of Blue, but then I saw this, so...

I play with a locked camera by default, and while I can use unlocked from playing Dota 2 a bit, playing with Orianna's ball with a locked camera is hard enough because it has a leash range that goes beyond the top and bottom of your screen already.
If you're playing unlocked it's just a living hell trying to keep track of where you are, where your ball ended up (especially if you used it to help protect an ally), try to figure out where to place it next, if it can get there in time to even do anything(screw your travel speed nerf Riot -.-), if it's better to try to tether it back to you (or will your ally be running toward you, making this impossible?), etcetera.

Given this is a pretty isolated example, she's an official implement in the game, and I don't think you should be screwed over ever more by having to try to work around a bunch of boxes that could easilly have an option to be allowed to move to the top of your screen to make life a little easier.