Flat Mana Regen or Scaled Mana Regen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PardonMySwag

08-13-2010

Mainly for a champion like anivia and shaco. That is all.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2010

You want to use mana regen Seals, the yellow rune, as for some reason that's their primary. Not blue.

I can't really say which is *better* per se, but the scaling rune catches up to the flat rune at level 4. Even then, the differences are miniscule. So take your pick. Often the cheaper rune is all that matters.

peyo

08-14-2010

scailing all the way.

F4ll0ut

08-14-2010

In this case scaling is absolutely better. I think they break even around level 4, and after that scaling just keeps going up.

And I'm still confused why Seals are primary mana regen instead of Glyphs...very confusing...

Fluffy1

08-14-2010

the options for seals are far better than they are in glyphs, if you want something else in yellow blues are just as good, the regen you loose is minimal really. but as for your question always get scalling, by level 5 that are equal to the flat ones and you level up pretty quickly early.

JohnCataldo

08-14-2010

Scaling mana regen is definitely better unless you are trying to win by level 4. (It can happen, but I don't count on it!) There is only tiny differences at low levels at best, and the scaling version gives three times as much mana at level 15.

DoransTroll

08-14-2010

Seals are primarily defensive stats, including regeneration. Hence they are the strongest there.

My recommendation is if you really know what champ you like, you can tailor it to your style. Mix in just enough flats to keep you afloat for the first few levels. I have find that later games, you really don't burn through your mana that quickly. You do need it quite a bit for early laning phase, but not nearly as much later on (when your natural regen grows to help out a bit too).
I have full scale regen Seals right now, but I'm going to start mixing in other things soon. It's really quite a bit of a waste later in the game with my playstyle, where I would hover at well over half my mana at any given time. I think I'll go for 2 or 3 flats, possibly 3 or 4 scales, and dodge for the rest.

bobarabara

08-16-2010

Don't forget that manaregen you don't have early laning is mana you wont have later. I play veigar with flat mana regen seals, and it gives me about 100 mana at lvl 4 that I wouldn't have with scaling runes which is a quarter of my mana (back of the envolope calc if your going mid, if your not you'll have missed out on even more mana). And by lvl 8 or so when you get that mana back you may have gone back to the fountain anyway.

This let's me stay in my lane longer and lay down some more balefuls kills which are easiest to get at those lower lvls. (granted veigars passive increases mana regen, so he definitely gets a big benefit from it)

So if you find you just don't have enough mana to help secure that early phase gank that occasionally pops up around lvl 4 maybe get flat regens.

Xyirx

08-17-2010

Scaling mana regeneration is much, much better than flat mana regeneration because it crossovers at around level 4 or so. Having early game mana regeneration wouldn't help you that much because you'd like to stay in the lane and farm some creeps with autoattack and save your mana for burst damage, killing enemy champions.

Late game, mana regeneration scaled runes can be extremely useful because you wouldn't like to go to the fountain too soon. Enemies are pushing and you really need mana to stay in the fight as long as possible. Not to mention if you use Chalice of Harmony which would greatly increase your mana regen rate (because you have high base mana regen from runes already).

Scaling mana regen runes are very useful for all mana champions, including strong carry such as Ashe, Yi, or Twitch who usually run out of mana quite easily. You can just focus on the attack damage/attack speed/crit items as you wish without getting worried about it, and you don't have to steal golem buffs from your friends as much.

iLemonTea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-18-2010

I find that I'm still running out of mana even though I run scaling mp5 and Philosopher stone from meki start. Any tips to prevent this? Being out of alphastrike mana usually stops me from farming because I'm almost always laned against ranged harassers and Alphastrike is a good farming tool