i am a noob and need help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ironhide1996

05-16-2012

everytime i play with friends im the dead weight and cant play with any champ besides brand and everyone is good with brand i bought mordekeiser and suck with him because i have no idea how to be him i tried with bots did good though. i just need tips or coaching on how to be good in this game and champs i should save up for

xXQuetipXx

05-16-2012

I could try and help although I'm not an amazing player. I know the basics of the game and how most champions play.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

Spend some time in the forums reading up(You're already on the right track!)
Also look at a bunch of different guides for different characters. I personally prefer SoloMid.com because they have a more rigorous process to get a guide published.

Just reading the strategies for different characters, weather you use them or not, is very helpful. Also, try and play all the free characters you can - at least once. Knowing your enemy is key.

Lastly, but probably most importantly... Please learn grammar. No one likes trying to read your horribly written sentences. This will lead to raging and an automatic assumption you're bad.

anding

05-16-2012

if u like ranged ad carries, u should definitely look into graves, ashe and vayne. graves because he can go tanky while still being ad carry (at least that's what my friend told me) whereas ashe and vayne can become hypercarries if u get the rite items and play them well.
if u like melee, riven and shen are definitely good (i havent played enuf of them) garen tends to be quite good too early game.
if u like ap, play morgana. she's banned alot if u play ranked or drafted, but she is definitely op in any lane if u just build her ap.
btw idk if u know or not, runes help too. so get tons of them depending on who u want to play

Savackz

05-16-2012

Add me,Savackz. I can help with the champions I know.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

The best thing that I feel you can do is play with a variety of champions so that you get use to the mechanics of the game. I would recommend buying several different champions that can be played in every role, probably cheaper ones so that you can learn the different roles and mechanics of the game without lots of invested IP on champions that you come to dislike/do poorly with (mordekaiser).

Recommended champions:

Nunu: Support/Jungle
Annie: AP Carry
Master Yi: Top/Jungle
Ashe: AD Carry
Ryze: AP Carry
Soraka: Support
Alistar: Support/Jungle
Tristana: AD Carry
Cho'Gath: Top/Jungle/AP Carry/Supprt

Getting these 9 champions will allow you to have several different champions for each role, cost essentially the same amount of IP as one 6300 champ (6750), and gives you variety in every role. Gives you AD champs, AP, Tanky, Glass cannon, utility, everything.

As you get use to the different roles and the different animations/abilities of each of the champs then you will overall improve at the game. What I did when I first started playing was I would buy a champion and then just play them until I've earned enough IP for the next champ and repeat. I got use to various roles, various champs and now I can play any position decently and I've learned which champs I favoured, I learned how to play a few that I'm not really keen on, but can play, and I've gotten great at last hitting, timing, when to initiate, and all around improved.

It's gonna make for some frustrating games, but do your best and in the end it'll pay off.

After you get decent with some, you may find certain roles that you prefer to others, or do better in, and start focusing on buying champs for that roles moreso than others if so inclined. I personally found top and jungle fun so I buy champs geared moreso towards that, but I still buy champs for other roles (just bought Blitzcrank for support, LOVE HIM). Best of luck bro, happy to play a game or two with you and see what's up if you'd like (:

Edit: I'd agree with the above, play each free champions at least once. I think playing each champion at least once at some point is very important, even if it is just a bot game.

FatMii

05-18-2012

Well of course you are going to feel like dead weight then the you play with someone who is lv 23 and someone else who is lv 30. I think the problem here is you lack experience. Play solo queue more if you don't want to feel like dead weight and you will eventually get better at the game.

Ducky33

05-18-2012

If you like brand, I would suggest that you try ahri.