Blue Vs. Purple

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boohoomaster

05-19-2012

y do people make purple and blue y dont they change it once in a year maybe

Crimsonhaseo

05-19-2012

Ok I want to point this out for everyone as few seem to get the real issue. When playing Blue you have to look at the top of your screen and you only have the small corner of kills and the other corner of team listing. While on bottom when playing Purple you have the large mini map, which is big even when UI scaled down, the UI itself which people need to know how much HP and MANA they have as sometimes your bars over your head get hidden by others standing on you. And then your items and your own stats in the bottom corner. I'm sorry I know everyone is going to say "shrink it to the max you can shrink it and L2Play NOOB" just like on other MMO forums, but let me tell you what we're asking for here.

We're asking for a way for the screen to not look so backwards when we play purple. Sure I've adapted and I play with camera at max so I tend to not have problems with skill shots, as I found the wonderful use of the mini map for aiming shots like Ashe's Arrow. There is no way you can cry out "if you unlock you can aim it better" cause no, it still takes the same time to get there, the champ can still move, the mini map aiming gives you plenty of view and if need be I can hold Left Mouse and aim it as if I drug the screen there.

So again, it's not aiming skill shots that people are *****ing about for Purple side, it's the simple fact that when you are looking at your screen with it fixed when moving down you notice more of your forward view where enemies are going to be coming from is hidden. One simple way to fix it is turn the square on it's corners and make it a diamond, making the nexuses at the diamond tips and on each side like on Twisted Treeline. It shouldn't be that hard to do the graphic changes since all they'd have to do is set the positions for the turrets since they don't have to be looking at the exact angle of the lane. Either way it is work and hard or not it takes time. If they want to do this let them, otherwise stop just claiming "all best pro players play unlocked so you should as well" I know a few with some really high win counts that play locked so go bite me.

Reebdoog

05-19-2012

I play with the screen unlocked and I truly still hate playing on purple side. But seriously, if they flip the map, the only difference is everything will be on the opposite side for purple (baron, dragon, blue, red etc. Would have to get used to that but I don't see how it could cause any problems unless you are just clearly not paying attention to the game.

AdamasHaima

05-19-2012

Again, it is not missing the skill shots, it's the inability to fire them because UI is in the way, or to fire them at their full length because the edge (bottom) of the screen is in the way. and OriginalJack is right, it doesn't matter to me what the best players are doing, I want a way to play that better suits me that what is available currently.

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2012

Crimson got it right.

Zoctar

05-20-2012

riot must make a system where if you are playing purple your camera adjust you to be like in the blue,

I don't know how to explain, but you can swap camera type to north or south, even if you are in blue and want purple camera, it will help a lot

EvoAZN

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEEDmoarPSI View Post
First, i'd like to say, if you're playing with your screen locked... stop. there is no reason for this and it only hinders your ability. Don't get me wrong, i can understand why people do it but you'll only become a better player by unlocking your screen. Secondly, in trems of having a long ranged ability and not being able to target beyond your screen, regardless of where your mouse is on the screen a skill shot ability will target in the direction of your mouse. A single missed skill shot has NEVER and will NEVER be the reason you lost the game. In terms of a target ability (such as Brand's pillar of flame) move the screen. Now, i understand if people who play with a locked screen don't get this but say i tell Caitlin to place a yordle snare trap in some brush that is out of the range of the ability she will move herself untill she can do so or i interrupt. Same with brand or olaf or Teemo or Master Yi ect. The point is STOP B****ING and get better.
Not everyone plays this game to be a tryhard.