Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lag Spikes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

8 8

05-15-2012

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but 2 days after I bought my xp/ip boosts I have been getting an abnormal amount of lag spikes.

My ping shoots up from an average of 50~100 to almost 500. I'm positive that it's not my internet connection and there's nothing wrong with my modem. I can stream everything fine and access the internet as I would normally, but LoL refuses to stop the constant lag spikes every 1 to 2 minutes.

Is anyone else having the same problem? It just irritates me because I spent money on the boosts and am not able to even enjoy the game anymore.

Poisonkopy

Recruiter

06-08-2012

Yep this has been happening to me as well ever since they began maintenance just before launching the draven patch. Beginning to get extremely irritating that I cannot even play the game anymore.

zXEternityXz

06-09-2012

The same is happening for me. I'm getting around 250 ping (I average around 180-200) and it creeps up to 300, and then a few seconds/mins later, it just spikes up to around anywhere between 800-2400 (the highest I've seen mine go to).

Makes it extremely difficult to play.

myRagequit

06-09-2012

I'm used to ~70 ping i get a constant 140-200 now.. :x

Tetrathionate

06-09-2012

same with me and since Darius patch. please look into this riot.

Thorgaindule

06-09-2012

Ditto, I've gone from an average of 40, to 300 and Higher now