Possible leaver solution?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueBirdy

05-15-2012

Just a thought, so I wanted to throw it out there but how about making there be a system where once someone leaves, the other team is given a vote with maybe a 30 second time limit to agree on one member of their team to have spectate until the leaver returns? And if the 30 seconds are up without an agreement, i suppose it would randomly force someone to spectate (a solution to this being the team having the option to start a new vote after 5 minutes).

KnightxSScarlett

05-15-2012

Why should players be forced to sit out of a game just because one person on your team had faulty internet, or ragequit?

terror kay

05-15-2012

...?

RaGiNg NaTsU

05-15-2012

I agree with warrior why should someone be forced to leave a game they started??? It's not fair to that player.

A better way of thinking about it, is if you have an afker or leaver, that has committed to the game for > then 15 minutes. And you end up losing the game because of it. Then the leaver should be forced to lose the entire 10-13 elo, While everyone else on the team still in game losses half that amount 5-8 elo. The only 2 problems i see with this, is people taking advantage of this system by purposely loggin out so rest team gets half elo loss. More likely to happen in duo ques, as solo que people want to be greedy. Another problem will be for riot to determine whether that team was actually winning before the person jumps out of game. Shouldn't be to hard, it can be worked out by gold. If the winning team is up by atleast 7.5k gold total ( which is extra 1.5k old per player) before someone on the team cs' or rage quits. That extra item should help win them the game. however with people getting better late game and other dying it's hard to tell for riot. But there would be a point where people are very hard to manage. I.e. team up by 15k gold before dcer. Then end up losing team fights cause of blitz pull making it 3v5 sort of thing. Thats my 2 cents.

Zoctar

05-15-2012

leaver can turn into a bot with ultra high insane AI

itsDozier

05-15-2012

I agree with Zoctar also. I wouldn't be opposed to having a bot join for a disconnected player. They may not carry a game, but it wouldn't hurt a team quite as bad. This is even something that could be added on top of the other possible remake solutions. Somebody leaves after 15 minutes, not eligible for remake, bot joins the game.

Lord Of Agony

05-21-2012

I would like to see some form of action taken upon this, I'm SICK and tired of going into games where we're totally even in kills but I'm 5/1 solo top and am doing just fine by myself and then some ***hole leaves the game for whatever reason, whether he was stomped in lane or just thinks "I'm done derpin' around, I'll go do something else."

It screws the ENTIRE team over and there's almost no way to win a 4 v 5, especially late game. There has to be SOME way to fix this.

Influence Point

Master Recruiter

05-21-2012

i think they enemy should have a choice if they would like to sit out, but not mandatory.

sometimes if they enemy is nice enough one guy will just sit in their spawn... i have had it done before.

maybe if the vote fails for anyone not wanting to sit out, they could just put in a bot.

Maxijazz

05-21-2012

Split the gold of the player that left and do not allow someone to rejoin a game after ~5 minutes. Also give the disadvantaged team 5% increase to all their stats. (5% for each of the 4 players left = 20% = leaver impact on the game by player numbers.)