Enough with the 6300 Champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fenom

08-18-2010

xin wasn't 6300 ip...kthx

JohnnyThunder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

How are prices determined? Some of the 6300 champs are less than hot commodities these days. Do prices ever shift massively in the long term rather than just go on sale?

Kahimi

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 299792459 View Post
I agree, it's about time we get a 9150 IP champion.
people don't get jokes, so don't bother.

also, stop using your social security number as your account names. it's dangerous.

StaticFrog

08-18-2010

The thing is, 6300champs are based on their difficulty. If they stopped making 6300 worthy champions then champions start getting more bland and boring and simple.

Vrell

08-18-2010

I think its about time Riot stopped releasing new champs altogether. Remember this game is supposed to be easy for newcomers and giving them 50 champs to learn at once is a lot. Its getting very complicated. Repricing would solve the IP flooding and Riot then should focus on implementing clans / voicechat / replays etc...

ErdoS The Wise

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFrog View Post
The thing is, 6300champs are based on their difficulty. If they stopped making 6300 worthy champions then champions start getting more bland and boring and simple.
Vlad is not difficult, neither is Galio... They are both easy to be good at. The last 6300 champ worthy of being 6300 was Kennan or Malz, because they are HARD to be good at (if you can really be good with them at all...). Kennan and Malz can fail easier than vlad or galio

AngieBug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xathil View Post
at what.. call it 120 IP a win. 6300 is 52.5 games in 4 days. or 13.125 games a day. At a MINIMUM of 20 minutes a game thats 4.3 hours a day. with the average game time of 30 minutes.... its more like 6.5 hours. you are either a big fat liar or have no life. On the other hand, people who work for oh .. say 25 an hour could definitely buy any 6300 champ for an hour's pay. Either way, they design it so its reasonable to buy without spending 52.5 win games of IP to buy a single champ.
and thats why i like this game i get to go and spend $20 and say ok riot give me the next 2 champs for free that u release. Riot says ok and im happy

Romdeau

08-18-2010

Riot handling their marketing of new champions very poorly, they are basically saying "f*ck you" to the free and low spenders. You want new shiny champ? Pony up...it's annoying.

Malak al Maut

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdoS The Wise View Post
Vlad is not difficult, neither is Galio... They are both easy to be good at. The last 6300 champ worthy of being 6300 was Kennan or Malz, because they are HARD to be good at (if you can really be good with them at all...). Kennan and Malz can fail easier than vlad or galio
Ironically both Malzahar's and Kennen's price received complaints on the basis of over-inflated difficulty, e.g., they're both - Kennen especially - perceived as easy to play. Sorry, but underrating champions does not make them any harder to play.

Zenbear

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdoS The Wise View Post
In the beginning there were a reasonable amount of champs at each price range, priced well. Generally, the easiest to use cost the least and the ones requiring most skill cost the most.

Now almost every new champ is 6.3k. And correct me if i am wrong but not a single new one has been 450. Sup widda?

So my post is a combination of a request and inquiry.
First of all will you ever lower the prices of new champs later (Heimer used to be 6.3k, right?) If not then:

Please price them by difficulty and not "Omg new=6.3k"

Fix the sorting too, btw.

Thank you
-ErdoS
Money. If you could easily get new champs cheaply with IP there would be no incentives to get riot points.