TT is broken and it's outrageous

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BashDaddy

05-15-2012

I can't imagine this is the first time this has been put forward put regardless I will anyway as nothing has been done about it.

Far too many TT games are over for all intensive purposes only to be prolonged by the fact the final tower is obscenely easy to defend. Minions can simply be dragged into the laser and forcing you to dive the tower if you wish to destroy it.

Through this teams are able to effectively farm around the base and there is nothing you can do about it as they can just fall back to the tower. Too many games have gone on for upwards of an hour because teams use this tactic. If you lose its a double injustice as super late game team comp is the deciding factor not any skill.

Such a simple fix as making it so minions cannot be pulled into the fountain would solve this problem, how this is done doesn't even have to change the map, it could simply be that once minions pass a certain point outside the towers range they wont chase Champs but focus aggro on the Tower.

Is this too much to ask? It seems like there is a real problem that could be solved with a simple solution. It's infuriating

WHATSGOODYO

05-15-2012

That would be cheap then because with a huge push top and bottom with super minions if you have one champ alive lets say, a mage or someone with low auto attack, they wouldn't be able to defend the turret from the minions because they have a weaker farm and since the minions only target the tower it'd be destroyed instantly. but i do agree TT needs to be fixed, far too many games i've lost because the team dragged it on for over an hour by building super tanky and turtling

SheroQuinkan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

I have been playing in twisted tree line for a while now but I met nothing of what you had mentioned .

no ranked matches yet as I'm not LvL 30 yet

Shadeykris

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashDaddy View Post
intensive purposes
*twitch*

Anyway, I've been playing TT so long that I've just come to accept this as one of its quirks. The main thing for dealing with this is not breaking inhibs just because you broke the tower. If the enemy team has all their outer towers down, ,but you dont break the inhibitors, they need to leave the base if they want farm - and they cant do that safely. That leaves you with control of ALL the rest of the map. Drop wards in their base/bushes, go get dragon and buffs. If they stick their necks out, cut them off. If not, break the inhibs when you're ready for a concentrated push. It's a matter of picking your moment.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATSGOODYO View Post
That would be cheap then because with a huge push top and bottom with super minions if you have one champ alive lets say, a mage or someone with low auto attack, they wouldn't be able to defend the turret from the minions because they have a weaker farm and since the minions only target the tower it'd be destroyed instantly. but i do agree TT needs to be fixed, far too many games i've lost because the team dragged it on for over an hour by building super tanky and turtling
Isn't that supposed to be the point though? That if your inhibs are down and most of your team is down you aren't supposed to be able to defend the push?

Right now, it's the #1 reason why I can't play Twisted Treeline seriously. It's unarguably TT's biggest problem, but nothing has been done about it for years. It's so easy to exploit, and it's so often exploited that it's enough to make you /surrender out of boredom. It's such a shame as well because the map is really fun to play otherwise, even with the other issues such as imbalances.

Fix it, and give the mode Normal Draft and Ranked Solo Que, and then put just one Ranked TT game on the home page for us to spectate with the other FIVE sr games, and I can guarantee that this mode will have a MUCH larger following.