NEW IDEA: Role Picking For Ranked Games

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nesious

Senior Member

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakon Ironfist View Post
That awkward moment when half of 2k+ only play 1, maybe 2, roles. Or have a select few champs that they actually consider playing.
Then wow, ELO Hell is better then 2k+, welp im happier now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psytric

Senior Member

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakon Ironfist View Post
That awkward moment when half of 2k+ only play 1, maybe 2, roles. Or have a select few champs that they actually consider playing.
Yes but when players arrive at this ELO, they are playing so much and the player pool is so small that they all know eachother.

If you enter a 2k+ game and Crumbz is on your team, you are pretty likely going to let him jungle, 'cause everyone knows he does it well.

Players at that elo can get away with doing one or two things well. It doesn't mean Scarra would suck at jungling. They are still probably better at the roles they don't play vs. any of us.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gentleman Gustaf

Senior Member

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psytric View Post
Yes but when players arrive at this ELO, they are playing so much and the player pool is so small that they all know eachother.

If you enter a 2k+ game and Crumbz is on your team, you are pretty likely going to let him jungle, 'cause everyone knows he does it well.

Players at that elo can get away with doing one or two things well. It doesn't mean Scarra would suck at jungling. They are still probably better at the roles they don't play vs. any of us.
This. I have no doubt (from watching MuffinQT play AD) that pro players can play their off-roles better than 1200 players play their main roles, and probably even the roles they're worst at.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

no5peakenglish

Senior Member

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Elmo View Post
LOL! I dont even own nunu and have never played him. And what sort of a Nunu goes mid anyway?
are you sure? because i distinctly remember this...and even if you were telling the truth....how do you not own nunu? hes like 400 ip isnt he?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ducky33

Member

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Gave U Obesity View Post
Sure if you select mid that's fine, what's stopping them from going there still? LOL
Two mid counters the current meta if you have a strong solo bot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoDaKids

Member

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by no5peakenglish View Post
are you sure? because i distinctly remember this...and even if you were telling the truth....how do you not own nunu? hes like 400 ip isnt he?
I don't have nunu just too lazy to buy him other champs look too cool. maybe this guys the same


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moogra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakon Ironfist View Post
That awkward moment when half of 2k+ only play 1, maybe 2, roles. Or have a select few champs that they actually consider playing.
And then you realize that the 2k people can play any role and still win at 2k elo. Everyone has a role they are better at than the others. Maybe it's sheer experience or just preference.

To the person that mentioned scarra, he went 13/5/5 in his last ranked game as Miss Fortune playing AD. I'm fairly sure he didn't go mid either.

This idea won't work though because there aren't many people that like supporting. I don't mind it, so I'll take it after jungle and AD carry is taken. Also not everyone plays by the meta.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FinalMystery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Elmo View Post
Hey Riot, Summoners and Trolls.

Today I will be discussing with you an annoying problem that occours with me, yourself and generally other "good" players. Its when you go into a ranked game. You politely call mid, and then this "bad" player calls, MID OR FEED! Now this occours to me frequently and I have to dodge because of it. I dont really play any other roles but Mid is what I play for my team so I like to keep my practice up at it.

So the reason I made this thread was not to ramble and whine. But I have come up with a solution to end this. Riot should make a function on your summoner profile to be able to place your preffered role and champions. And then when you go to match making I would select mid. I would then be paired up with.
  • A Support
  • A Jungler
  • A Solo Top
  • An AD Carry
  • An AP Mid

You will also be paired up with similar ELO's obviously so 2K ELO's dont get paired up with noobs. This would create less fighting over roles, less queue dodging and more play time.

Please consider my suggestion and hopefully Riot will see this and implement it into our game.

Yours Sincerely, Tactical Elmo.
Doubtful. Saying you only play a single role would make matchmaking take even longer or perhaps pigeon hole it so it would be more unbalanced than it already is since it would need to accommodate and the range of players would be really off. For example even now sometimes I get paired with someone who is significantly lower or higher elo (200 plus or minus from the elo I'm at).

Despite your argument let me mention this. First, when you queue dodge because you are only good at one role, you likely aren't that good. Most people have stated that a high level player can beat out a low level player even on a role they are not good at. Like the 2k players playing at 1200 elo. That said, think about learning all the roles.

I'm not saying that there won't be trolls but playing at a bunch of elos, I'll say there will always be a chance to get someone saying "Role X or I feed." It's not against the summoner rules to chose a position. However, its the player base that decided there is a mid, a top, a jungler, dual bot with support and ad ranged.

If you want to guarantee a role, go to draft mode and lock in first. If you expect to have that in ranked you're out of luck. Honestly few people want to play support in low elo, and that would seriously bottleneck all the low elo players from matchmaking, despite being the biggest amount of players in the player base.


12