NEW IDEA: Role Picking For Ranked Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

—eymar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

Hey Riot, Summoners and Trolls.

Today I will be discussing with you an annoying problem that occours with me, yourself and generally other "good" players. Its when you go into a ranked game. You politely call mid, and then this "bad" player calls, MID OR FEED! Now this occours to me frequently and I have to dodge because of it. I dont really play any other roles but Mid is what I play for my team so I like to keep my practice up at it.

So the reason I made this thread was not to ramble and whine. But I have come up with a solution to end this. Riot should make a function on your summoner profile to be able to place your preffered role and champions. And then when you go to match making I would select mid. I would then be paired up with.

• A Support
  • A Jungler
  • A Solo Top
  • An AD Carry
  • An AP Mid

You will also be paired up with similar ELO's obviously so 2K ELO's dont get paired up with noobs. This would create less fighting over roles, less queue dodging and more play time.

Please consider my suggestion and hopefully Riot will see this and implement it into our game.

Yours Sincerely, Tactical Elmo.

Gentleman Gustaf

05-15-2012

It seems a bit strange that you're upset at a 'bad' player who calls 'Mid or feed' when it looks like you only play one role (and dodge if somebody else takes it). Sure, there is a difference between dodging and feeding, feeding hurts your team much more. But perhaps learning the other roles a little bit would help.

KnightxSScarlett

05-15-2012

If you enter ranked able to play only one role effectively, you shouldn't be playing ranked. If you enter ranked able to play only one champion effectively, you shouldn't be playing ranked. Playing ranked should be about taking the team you're given, and trying to mesh with it in a way that allows you to win. If that means you have to take solo top or support, then so be it. It's about securing a win, not a role.

- Mageinta Warrior

Clonked Blonkers

05-15-2012

Sure if you select mid that's fine, what's stopping them from going there still? LOL

Runieux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

Not a new idea.

SiegeJay

05-15-2012

Yeah, I agree with you and understand your point, but like the guys before me said, you probably shouldn't be playing ranked if you ONLY are good at mid...play some normal or custom games to get better at the other roles, because sometimes you have to take support or jungle or some other role that you don't want. This has happened to me in several games, but I just deal with it (<--although I have to go with my AD runes for soraka sometimes lol)

no5peakenglish

05-15-2012

OP-
I played a game with you once, you were nunu...and im pretty sure you said exactly "mid or i feed" or "mid or i leave"O.o

—eymar

05-15-2012

LOL! I dont even own nunu and have never played him. And what sort of a Nunu goes mid anyway?

KnightxSScarlett

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Elmo View Post
And what sort of a Nunu goes mid anyway?
I do. And I beat Lux

Gloin Deathtouch

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
If you enter ranked able to play only one role effectively, you shouldn't be playing ranked. If you enter ranked able to play only one champion effectively, you shouldn't be playing ranked. Playing ranked should be about taking the team you're given, and trying to mesh with it in a way that allows you to win. If that means you have to take solo top or support, then so be it. It's about securing a win, not a role.

- Mageinta Warrior
That awkward moment when half of 2k+ only play 1, maybe 2, roles. Or have a select few champs that they actually consider playing.