Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot, I-I think I'm in love..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zatochu

05-14-2012

This update.

Best update ever.

I don't even know where to begin.

The reworked graphics are beautiful. (even at lowest settings)

And.. and..

You guys really DID optimize things.

I've been playing LoL since I started at a constant 10-20 FPS on a single core 1.6ghz cpu and an old integrated Intel gpu. (not even minimum requirements for the game but I consider it playable as I don't have the option to build my own rig as of right now)

I decided to try out today's patch, worried if it would break the game for me with crashes or worsened performance.

My mind was blown instantly.

A constant stable 30 FPS. (that would sometimes dip to 20-25-ish due to server-y stuff)
That combined with how much better the game looks and the redone HUD. A state of euphoria.

Thank you so much for this, Riot.

Though one thing. The cooldown counters on the ability icons are sort of hard to make out.

Chlose

05-14-2012

Indeed, its so sexy and the optimization is awesome. My card no longer gets heated as much on high, havent tried very high yet. But man, its so beautiful. Also i <3 whoever did baron. Hes such a sexy snake thingy.

SmokeDatPakalolo

05-14-2012

at first i was just happy with the new skins, then realized the reworked map.

i cannot be happier

kinda funny how they do this just before diablo 3 releases xD

MySpoon

05-14-2012

Quote:
SmokeDatPakalolo:
at first i was just happy with the new skins, then realized the reworked map.

i cannot be happier

kinda funny how they do this just before diablo 3 releases xD

It was their plan all along.
Well played Riot, well played.