Why isnt TT in competitive play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jake Compton

05-14-2012

TT is a 3v3 with map objectives like dragon and buffs. kill the turrets to get to the nexus. I know that the game is balanced behind SR, but 3v3 still has many champion options that are viable. I used to only play TT when i was just a newbie, but when i realized everyone was doing SR i changed. I just never knew why people liked SR over TT.

BrofessorF

05-14-2012

imo people play SR over TT because SR is the staple of this game, its what is played at the tourneys, its the more balanced map, that and like you said, the game is balanced behind SR, there are champs that run rampant here that dont in SR

off the top of my head the champs that are a lot harder to deal with on TT for me at least over SR are singed, lee sin, mundo and nocturne, they arent impossible, just a lot harder to fight

other than that id have to say its because there is no solo queue ranked or draft pick normals, which is what a lot of people like to do as well

Nucleotyde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

Balance is a concern, like the first reply says. There are fewer viable champions in TT and there are larger gaps between them than there are in SR. There's also the problem of turtling actually being effective on TT, making it so that games can practically stalemate under the right conditions. I've never considered surrendering out of boredom on SR, but I have on TT.

MeinUguu

05-14-2012

Twisted Treeline sucks because 99% of everyone that plays on that map are the mentally challenged, too busy trying to figure out how to work their own ass holes, let alone figure out how to play this game properly.

Unless they're on the other team, then they're a LAN party with perfect team work.

Hezron

05-15-2012

I am in complete agreement of everything said so far, but I feel like the 2nd big factor as to why it isn't played as competitively is just that the community for it is vastly small compared to the millions that are invested into Summoners Rift. If we can grow this community by pushing competitive play then I feel like it will explode and then at that point it will force Riot to start looking at Twisted Treeline and maybe start patching it.

WHATSGOODYO

05-15-2012

Twisted treeline sucks because when you solo queue for a normal 3v3 you yourself are good, then you get 2 downsyndrome retarded people that are no where close to your level and just run around and talk smack to you and wonder why they are dying