Sugar, Spice, and Everything Not Nice (Necro and I)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

((If we are going our separate ways, are we supposed to invent what we are looking for and what we encounter, or are you? If the latter, I can't really do anything till I find out what is on the map.))

AmusedGlint

05-16-2012

((The two of you can go together. It was just in character for Hats to rush off))

Necromonger

05-16-2012

Dawn stayed in the background, approaching Johannes and [Cryp's] Once it was clear.

"...Did you see what those sand warriors did to that would be thief?"

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

"Thief? I didn't..." Kyther stopped as a look of realization appeared on his face, his mind quickly connecting the scream he heard while approaching, the stone figure he had seen being carried off by said sand warriors, and the look in the eyes of the feline-aesthetic ninja. "That statue was a person?"

Necromonger

05-16-2012

"Indeed. They tried to make a ruse, and she moved in to take a map... Looks like they take thieves seriously."

"Still, to be turned to stone, then to be blackmailed... I cannot help but feel they are a people of draconian laws, or truly malevolent."

"Regardless, that man was right. There are many mercenary groups here diving into teams to maximize their chances. I propose we do the same and split the reward... maybe if we can get that merchant what he wants he'll undo the spell." Dawn said.

AmusedGlint

05-16-2012

When the others had time to study the map, they would see that it led to a pyramid close to the border of the Shuriman Desert. Had they been cheated out of their money? Was this just a scam? Or perhaps... perhaps it was a magical map that would only reveal the next leg of the journey when they had met a criteria? Should they be able to feel the presence of magic, they would notice that the map was heavily encased in magical seals, it would take at least a master in the arts of protection runes to under stand the sigils on the map and a grandmaster in dispelling to even remove them. It seemed that the merchant had invested heavily in these maps and treasures.

Jaykoboy

05-16-2012

Johannes looked at the map closely. He sighed deeply. "I...don't understand a lick about maps."

((I was in the Alpha, Beta, and Release. It was previewed in Alpha, but not fully released until Release's tenth patch. Fanart of it below.))

Cryypter

05-16-2012

"Sounds good to me." Kyther replied to Dawn, pulling out the map to get an idea of where they were headed. Finding only one destination, Kyther flipped the map over, and then back again, looking for more information. Curious, he rotated a dial on the side of his goggles, and the lenses began to shimmer with a faint blue light. "Aha, I was right; the map is enchanted." he said, looking at the map from different angles. "Not sure what it does, though."

Necromonger

05-16-2012

There was a horn blowing at the far end of the camp, and the various groups going on this race turned quest went there.

"Will all the competitors please assemble at the starting line!" A heavily robed announcer said, with a thick accent.

o0sniper50o

05-16-2012

((Are you guys still accepting applicants? Cause then I'd like to enter this guy. Some guy I made a really long time ago. One of a handful who've never really seen the light of day.))

Mainfe and his nightmare, Metuo, were galloping across the land at a speed that was definitely abnormal. Mainfe was dressed in light, durable clothing which flapped loosely in the passing wind that he managed to get from some Ionian traders one time while Metuo had a saddle and various other ornaments one would expect to be on a normal horse. Neither of them looked different from a stereotypical rider and horse, the two opting to not cloak themselves in Metuo's powers in the middle of the day when someone could call upon some holy knight or priest or holy preacher.

"Come on Metuo, I've heard that there were some traders from the desert around here recently and I want to see if they have anything some of the buyers would be interested in."

You know perfectly well that I'm already going at a speed that many would find strange. And besides, you only want me to go faster because you like the wind blowing in your hair. Metuo communicated with Mainfe telepathically, as the nightmare always had with its rider.

Mainfe grinned. "Well yeah, what's the point of having a fast horse if you don't go fast."

Bragging rights.

"But who am I supposed to brag to?"

Then I suppose there is no point.

Mainfe frowned for a moment. "You're starting to sound a lot like that weird summoner in-"

We're here.

Metuo managed to slow to a steady trot as the duo approached the camp. Various people were heading off in a certain direction, and since this didn't seem to be a way in which traders usually conducted business, Mainfe rode up to who looked like to be a member of the camp.

"Hey is there something going on?" Mainfe asked one of the Shurumians.

"Ah yes, you're just in time. We're about to have a race through the desert in which fabulous treasures await the winner at the end. For only 200 valors you can-"

The trader was cut off when Mainfe dropped a small sack of 200 valors in his hand. The trader took the bag of coins and exchanged it for one of the spare maps. Mainfe gladly took it and glanced over it as Metuo trotted towards the starting line.

You gave in rather quickly. He didn't even manage to finish his trader speech.

"Well what can I say?" Mainfe said, looking no doubt like a crazy who talked to himself, "The man said race and treasure. How could I not say yes?" Metuo merely shook his head and kept a more dignified silence.