Sugar, Spice, and Everything Not Nice (Necro and I)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmusedGlint

05-15-2012

Xiao nodded to Hats and the cat eared man rested his hand from the hilt of his blade and rose out of his crouched fighting position. The two followed the Shuriman and Xiao took the seat while Cat-Eared Hats remained standing, always alert in case of an emergency, because after all, no one could be too cautious.

"I thank you for your generosity, merchant," Xiao says, raising her hands, one clasped around the other. Her eyes flickered to Hats who then bowed at the merchant. "If I may ask, what business venture do you propose?" As she spoke to the seeming master of these sand guards, Hats gazed about subtly, searching for quick exits in case they should need one.

Necromonger

05-15-2012

Dawn disliked this every moment it passed... On enemy territory, being made to sit down. Her outrage could barely be contained as she saw one of the Sand Guards suddenly clutch Xiao by the shoulder, a needle coming out of his sleeve. "...No!" She was too late though, and the Ionian girl was injected with a very unique poison.

The merchant angrily looked at Hats. "The Deal is that you bring me the items listed on the map, so your friend here will not die. If you lose to the other racers, then you also forfeit her life. Do we have an understanding?"

The poison was searing and painful, slowly draining Xiao's strength... it was a Shuriman curse, slowly turning her to stone.

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

((This looks like a good time to debut a character I've been working on: http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1462 ))

A large shadow slowly passed over the dunes to the north of the camp. Those in the camp who looked into the sky saw the shadow's source: an airship, its massive canvas sails rippling in the wind. As it passed, a figure could be seen standing at the edge of the deck. Suddenly, the figure leapt over the railing, plummeting headfirst toward the sands below. As he fell, wings extended from his backpack, catching the air and bringing him out of his nosedive. He soared through the air until he reached the camp, where he circled above an empty square, slowly descending. He alighted on the ground, his wings collapsing back into his pack.

With the exception of his hands, he was covered from head to toe in clothing, most of it made of light, breathable material which matched the color of the sand beneath him. His head was wrapped in a cloth, with goggles covering his eyes. He wore a long coat and pants, and his feet were protected by boots.

Pulling down the cloth covering his mouth, he took a breath of the hot, dry air, surveying the camp. He noticing a commotion near a caravan, and after taking a swig of water from a bottle in his pack, he made his way toward the crowd.

Jaykoboy

05-16-2012

((Heh, Cryypter, your guy looks like the Inventor class from Lego Universe...in human form. Also, I think this is as good a time as any for me to join in; going with my mercenary figure. Nothin' special here, but I won't be useless in melee combat for once.))

Johannes walked into the camp, his plate armor in a bag over his shoulder and his sword dragging along the sand besides him. Even in the heat, he seemed healthy and unburdened by the heavy load. Although, the second he saw water, he dashed over and drank it down, immediately paying the poor woman he stole it from.

He continued through, peeking into the largest tent curiously, where there seemed to be a meeting. His face had an awkward shocked look on it. "Is this the best time, or...?"

AmusedGlint

05-16-2012

Hat's eyes went wide. No! He was far too slow. The masked man watched in horror as Xiao screamed in pain and clutched the wound on her neck. Hat immediately drew his blade and spun on the merchant.

"And if I don't care?" That was probably the most he had spoken in a while. Hat's eyes were trained on the merchant, though he was still rather aware of his surroundings. Of the sand underneath his feet, of the sash that could act as a grappling hook... yes a grappling hook in a camp. Hats finally relaxed his position. "Fine." And held out his palm for the map.

Jaykoboy

05-16-2012

((Uh, yeah...Necro, you're commanding the merchant, right? Well, my question was aimed at him...))

Necromonger

05-16-2012

The Merchant looked at Johannes. "...Well, well. Another interested party? I am sponsoring a race you see..."

He begins the sales pitch about priceless artifacts and gems and beautiful virgin desert roses....

"...200 valor for the map and a registration fee. Teaming up with others is optional, but I will not accept groups larger than four. Bring me the items listed on the back of the map, and I will reimburse you handsomely, as well as the title of Desert Racer."

Jaykoboy

05-16-2012

Johannes came all the way in. "Well, now I was just going to apply for the guard position, but this sounds great, too. I'm in."

He reached into his pack where he was keeping the bundle of armor and pulled out the 200 valor starting fee. Smiling, he tossed it to the merchant. "There. May I have my share? And are these three," he said, gesturing to the other people sitting on the pillows, "coming with? Because I'm not so fond of the whole 'solo with no amigos' sorta thing."

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

((I played the LU beta for a while, but I think that was before they added the Inventor class. And I got the impression the merchant was outside, not in a tent...))

Kyther almost laughed out loud at his good fortune. The first person he meets is offering him a map, with only the small matter of retrieving a couple items. "Say, you wouldn't happen to have another of those maps?" he asked, pulling the required fee from his pack. I'll have to remember to put that down on my list of expenses.

AmusedGlint

05-16-2012

With a wave of his hand the Sand Guards took away the stone form of Xiao and he rose from his seat. Another flick of his hands and a map was produced to Hats, Kyther, and Johannes, then he shrugged to Johannes question while stroking his long beard. "How you obtain the treasure is of no importance to me, to the winner goes the spoils."

Hats did not wait for the other two however. He struck the ground with a smoke pellet and when it cleared, he had vanished. He was on a mission of much more importance than the others were. They would not understand his haste.