Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Im afraid so much that I have to try PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dafedidi

05-14-2012

This graphic improvement scared me so much, I have to try it out. I hope my old chipset will support this. Im fine now with the game, I know Riot said it will improve performance ...

Anyway, do im alone to be scared ?

Caveth

05-14-2012

I'm sure they've learned how to make maps better after making Dominion; they surely know how to optimize it better than when they made the original Summoner's Rift. Hopefully the map will really improve performance like they say it will. c:

dafedidi

05-14-2012

I hope so ><

Tisaric

Recruiter

05-14-2012

Just cause they're changing around some textures/models doesn't mean it'll run slower. They've said it multiple times that it'll run even better on lower end machines

Caveth

05-14-2012

I'm sure it's more of a complete redoing of the entire map; they likely have made it so that on lower graphics the models (mushrooms/trees/etc) are of lower polygons and lower textures, but designed in a way that they still look high quality.

It is something very doable, but it has to be worked on very hard to get just right on a map as big as this played by so many people on so many different computers. I'm glad they trying it on PBE before the live server! This will help them stamp out any small problems with the map on lower end computers (and even higher end computers and all computers in general!).

Aivr

Recruiter

05-14-2012

It's actually been optimized apparently The reds said that it should run even better on low end computers o_o

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

05-14-2012

Just to clarify you should see a performance increase across your League of Legends experience. Not just on Summoner's Rift.

YoshioPeePee

05-14-2012

why can't people just believe riot when they repeat over and over again that this will improve performance?

i have a low end system too but c'mon peeps they only said it a thousand times

CommandShockwave

05-14-2012

If only I Could actually log into the PBE...

ScantyDemon

05-14-2012

What I'm curious to try is that if it actually improves my game experience on my PC (or toaster more like it), I normally have to play on a friend's if I want anything higher than 12 FPS, and that is still on lowest settings. I hope so! =D