Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE Custom Games Require 2 players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorytaker

Recruiter

05-14-2012

I really dis like how Riot made it so you need to play with another player just to test out new things in a custom game for just a small amount of time like 5mins. Making you have to 1. Find a friend to play with on custom game ON pbe 2. Playing Co-op vs AI which can take up to 30mins or longer and 3. Playing PvP on a client for testing! 4. Making it so we have to stay on the PBE to finish a game rather then just play for a few minutes and then getting on our account on the regular client I am just so confused on why riot has to put a restriction on playing a custom game with just by yourself. can someone please explain?

Frozen Berserker

05-14-2012

Quote:
Glorytaker:
I really dis like how Riot made it so you need to play with another player just to test out new things in a custom game for just a small amount of time like 5mins. Making you have to 1. Find a friend to play with on custom game ON pbe 2. Playing Co-op vs AI which can take up to 30mins or longer and 3. Playing PvP on a client for testing! 4. Making it so we have to stay on the PBE to finish a game rather then just play for a few minutes and then getting on our account on the regular client I am just so confused on why riot has to put a restriction on playing a custom game with just by yourself. can someone please explain?

It's to help with the server load.

DreamsOfGrandeur

05-14-2012

1. It helps with the server load. (Said above)
2. It discourages people who just want to play PBE to try out skins, champions, or do their own thing instead of actually testing stuff.
3. This is a server meant for testing. If you are not playing with other real players in some way, shape, or form, you're not really playing the game in proper testing conditions.

All of these issues are more important then your personal comfort.
So while your concerns are real and valid, they are statistically insignificant.

sweet teemotion

05-14-2012

Quote:
2. It discourages people who just want to play PBE to try out skins, champions, or do their own thing instead of actually testing stuff.

Isn't that what testing is?