Meta Disregarded leads to un-fun games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noctis XV

05-11-2012

Ok so, for the most part the meta is being followed but in normal qeue this is getting out of hand whether it be blind or draft.

we have a top, a mid, ad bot, and a jungler. top and mid were already called, what does the very last person do? wait for the last 5 seconds to pick mordekaiser top.
In this game the meta was shot for, and terribly missed as jax and I (being varus)
sat Double AD bot. It just fkin doesn't work.

Another game, nidalee yells support before the match and me (being varus yet again)
am like ok why not. Turns out she starts with a dorans ring, doesn't by a ward the entire game, and maxes heal last. She wanted to play an AP nuker but dressed it up as a support and not a single fkin ward was bought that game, of course until I brought it up. After it was brought up, she bought a ward and DIDNT PLACE IT. She held it in inventory the rest of the game, i mean wtf?

There is a problem with normal blinds and drafts with the meta being shot for but terribly misses because of just one person. I can sit and wait the entire duration of champ select to see what we have, and what i need to pick to suit the team, yet what is picked are 4 mid champs and im like wtf. This was literally the team I had to play with
Akali
Annie
Mordekaiser
Vladimir
being the 5th person who hasn't chosen yet im like wtf. (vlad and annie are free when this was posted)

Also, Lock in needs to be taken out of the game as it does absolutely nothing. The game isn't going to start faster, and there are no benefits over locking than not locking. Tell me, what are the benefits of locking in, exactly, nothing.

In the end, either follow the meta all the way through and don't be a tard, or ruin games before they even begin!

Newatdizbrah

05-12-2012

Assuming the meta is the only viable way to win a game you cancer.
Aswell it does start faster if everyone locks in you cancer.
Did i mention you're cancer?

Kirbunis

05-12-2012

Yes, people don't seem to understand what a decent team composition is.

That's why queue dodging is all the rage these days. See three AP mids autolocked and no tank or jungle? Dodge that madness, join a different game.

These days it's hard to find a decent team comp without being in a premade with your friends.

accuracy1st

05-12-2012

they wanted to play those champs so badly they didn't care what kind of effect it may lead to, or what any one else thought. can you blame them for that?

itsDozier

05-12-2012

A thread talking about people playing a game the way they want to. This is madness, ban them all!

Edit: The world will smile the day Newatdizbrah develops cancer. Toolbag.

Slashinghardest

05-12-2012

I wouldn't say he's cancer just mis informed. Going against the meta works amazingly. personally I like someone bottom for dominance rather then a old fashioned support. This works better then a generallu squishy support with low damage output. Double bruiser boytom for early game stength, solo bottom, talon mid to shut down ap casters, all this stuff is a strengthened defence against current meta that really outplays meta addicted players. Should start thinking logically instead of falling everyone else.

SteampunkSloth

05-12-2012

I signed in just to downvote this. The current meta wasn't always the meta, it happened because people try new things. You never know what may work! Gotta broaden your horizons. Also, try filling that missing role yourself! If you don't want to, you can't really blame the others.

Kiarip

05-12-2012

so since we're on topic of meta, I have a question about it.

Why not send your AD + support mid, and your AP carry bottom? I think there are some AP carries that are strong enough early game that they could survive a 1v2 lane against AD/support, and having your support in mid lets them roam more freely to ward things, and assist lanes, while the AP bot is still gonna be safe when pushing as long as it's double warded, at least on the blue side.

I would think the optimal way to use this would be when your opponent picks an AP mid like Ryze, Kass, or Veig that can't push too easily, and you can pick an AP carry to go bot who can push the lane against an AD and support straight to the tower while being able to hold a 1v2 lane like Cass, Anivia, Xerath, Ahri etc.

Could someone answer this?

KnightxSScarlett

05-12-2012

The reason is because people are so afraid to try new things. The only way you're going to break the meta is with a premade of people devoted to breaking it, using your meta every match (possibly in ranked too). You need people to see this meta and try it. Until then, the meta that the pros use in tournaments will be used because people emulate "pros".

- Mageinta Warrior

itsDozier

05-12-2012

The problem I see with sending a support mid is that the lane is much shorter than bottom. Your tower is in close poximity at all times. Having the support bot can set up kills as well as help stop or even avoid them all together. Since you have to walk out so far from your tower at bot it really leaves you exposed, where you are rarely exposed mid.

I would however support an idea of putting 2 champs mid like blitz + x for a kill lane. But at the same time, even though you can shut down their mid, its still harder to kill them because of the tower location as well as less pressure on the AD carry at bottom, allowing him to free farm.

Some people talk about kill lanes bot against an AD carry as well (i.e. ali + blitz), but again, even though you may shut the AD carry down, you still lack an AD carry for team fights later on.

The meta is the meta because somebody has found the most effective way to win currently. Its always subject to change but I doubt it will be done on a whim from a random normal player.

In conclusion, you can't really blame people for wanting to stick to the meta because, by definition, its the most effective way to win. Not to say you can't do other things and still win. I would say the meta is tailored more to high level players anyway.

TL;DR - I thoroughly enjoy turtles.