Carrying dominion games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahhhh Crap

05-14-2012

I tend to do a lot of carrying, especially later game once I've purchased several higher end items.

If your team all plays well together you wont get this as much, but with blind que I end up carrying about 50% of the games I have victories on.

illundreal

05-14-2012

I'd say bot lane has the highest carry potential, but any fed champ can carry. I've seen fed kats win 1v3 fights and proceed to cap a tower. Rare but it happens. Also sometimes a good eve (for example) can carry a win by ganking bot lane constantly to ensure its won, or backdooring towers at just the right times.

DiscworldDeath

05-14-2012

Carrying in Dominion is less about having more gold to become unstoppable (though it helps, you can go bot lane and then switch late game with +4k gold over anyone top), and more about making the right decisions.

Dominion is mostly carried by making better decisions than anyone else in the game.
If you're good enough and play a champion where you consistently win 1v2s, or if you somehow end in a 1v3 you still kill 2 before dying, it can help carry.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
It's called beating the piss out of bot lane so bad they constantly need 2 people down there just to contain you.
Sometimes, even this isn't enough. Even if they occasionally send three champions down to bottom lane.
You can do everything you can from bottom lane to give your team the numbers advantage up top, but you can't make them actually win the fight. They still have to do that themselves.
Or not. -_-

Tempestphile

05-15-2012

Dominion focus a lot more on teamwork, then 1 person carry it all

Makes it more fun for 5 people and not 2...

On the other hand, the gold balance does highlight the fact that some champ is OP (Solely because RIOT don't balance game around us)

Sacred Sinner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
It's called beating the piss out of bot lane so bad they constantly need 2 people down there just to contain you.
This. This is the closest thing you can do if you want to solo carry the game.

Vsin

05-16-2012

Is it wrong that I actually feel I can carry Dominion games harder than I can carry SR games? Maybe my relative skill level difference is bigger in my Dominion games or something.