Runes and etc for Zilean...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Somohexual

08-17-2010

Currently i'm building Zilean with...

1. Archangel's Staff
2. Boots of Mobility
3. Frozen Heart
4. Zhonya's Ring
5. Misc survival items

I'm only 20 so currently only 1/0/19 masteries, but planning on getting the 10% CD reduction to mix with 5% from runes for the 40% cap with only Frozen. I don't know what to do with my Mark, Seal, and Quintessences though, I'm planning on getting AP for Marks and Health for Seals but I'm not sure if it would be more effective to get scaling or non-scaling runes. I heard movement speed Quins are good, but with Boots of Mobility + Time Warp I don't know if it would be inefficient. I'm tempted to get the +exp ones since I already have the +8% from Zil's passive and +5% from masteries, but i'm not really sure how far exp bonuses stack and if it's really all that effective.

Thanks.

JumboCactaur

08-17-2010

I wouldn't get movement runes, late game with Time Warp you are constantly hasted anyway if you want to be. Boots are enough for movement. Might be nice early game but you need mana more for early game.

I'd get Mana regen stuff wherever you are unsure, it will help all game long, even with Archangel's built you can still run out in a long team fight/siege. Also, I'd get Mercury's Treads or Sorcerer's boots instead of Mobility, depending on enemy team makeup. You'll probably get Treads most games. Don't get more +xp. It really isn't necessary and wasted at lvl 18. You need mana to harass early game and to zoom around the map late game, its one of your strongest points.

Empyron

08-17-2010

I used to build similar to this, but now that boots of mobility is broken and essentially if you cast time warp on yourself, you lose your mobility boot bonus and just have the time warp bonus, it's pretty pointless to have them. I'd probably recommend treads or sorc boots as well. I'd also probably throw in Rylai's in there and maybe Mejai's depending on how you think you're doing. Usually I do pretty well with Zilean, so Mejai's pays off. Some people maybe not so well.

Somohexual

08-17-2010

Bump...

I still don't know if I should do scaling AP(red)/Health(yellow) runes or flats. Also, flat CDR's for blues are better than scaling CDR right?