So as a support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

v81633331

05-13-2012

Which takes the higher priority - Assuring that your carry lives even if you die, or staying alive and let the carry suffer for its own mistakes?

I am starting to learn toward the second half and I honestly blame taric/soraka for spoiling AD carries into thinking they can be stupid and still win a lane.

Also - if the first is correct - why do they ask such stupid questions

"why r u feeding"

'...........'

Litterial

05-13-2012

If your ad carry has no chance at getting a kill, yes punish them. If they are on a spree, then save them.

v81633331

05-13-2012

Thank you for the feedback =)

Niccias

05-14-2012

I typically always attempt to save my team in general, unless someone gets caught out really bad like 1v4 then try to help, its your job to. But if an AD is on a spree thats the point where ill pop everything to save him and maybe even sascrifice my self.

BP Jester

05-14-2012

This is a misconception that can cost games and it stems from too much time in solo queue. The ideal situation is thus. The support is the shield of the carry. It is very important to make sure he lives, even if you have to sacrifice yourself to do it. Your job is to peel people off him and keep him alive no matter what. Most games that I support have me winning with many deaths and no kills. I've won games where I have a 0-10 score or even more. Granted I also play aggressive tanky supports such as alistar, taric, and leona. Regardless whoever you play though, the carry is more important than you. The reasoning is simple. They are more than likely worth more gold than you, and they do more damage than you.

That being said, those are ideal situations where I play with my team. If a carry is being stupid and gets ganked, don't risk trying to save them unless you think there is a chance he can get away with your help.

accuracy1st

05-14-2012

i never help carries as a tank or support if they getting in fights i don't approve of. i'll let them die, cause me getting involved would just harm the team over all due to my certain situation, whether it be i am 100 away from warmogs or i feel the team fight can wait while i get blue and reds first, or i am low, or i feel we will be out numbered or the positioning is bad. i will leave them to die, for the good of me, and the good of me usually means good for the team.

Sexual Healing

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by accuracy1st View Post
i never help carries as a tank or support if they getting in fights i don't approve of. i'll let them die, cause me getting involved would just harm the team over all due to my certain situation, whether it be i am 100 away from warmogs or i feel the team fight can wait while i get blue and reds first, or i am low, or i feel we will be out numbered or the positioning is bad. i will leave them to die, for the good of me, and the good of me usually means good for the team.
How the Hell does a carry engage in a fight without an initiator??

And honestly, any death is generally a bad death. There are certain champs where it's gg when they recieve 2-3 kills. End of Story.

Too many low Elo players focus on player targetting throughout the laning phase and don't bother cs-ing properly. That's probably the stem of your question.

Kalafai

05-14-2012

Let carry die, get three waves of minions to last hit.

FantastycGtr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-14-2012

kim agreedme nick : FantastycGtr Elo: 296

accuracy1st

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChampagne View Post
How the Hell does a carry engage in a fight without an initiator??

And honestly, any death is generally a bad death. There are certain champs where it's gg when they recieve 2-3 kills. End of Story.

Too many low Elo players focus on player targetting throughout the laning phase and don't bother cs-ing properly. That's probably the stem of your question.
they need to be patient and let me come when i am ready or apporve. various factors make me not approve of many. then i will let them die so i can take their minions when i am ready to come.