Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Warwick]: Having difficulty dealing with a *good* Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

huhwhat

08-17-2010

So, I was wondering from any Warwick experts (or kind and helpful Ezreal experts) on how to deal with Ezreal? I find myself trying to close on Ezreal 1on1, and if I try and save my infinite duress till he's low, he'll hit me with a skill shot, and/or teleport, and/or have some kind of haste and attack me quickly (after having blown hungering strike and/or hunter's call on him) only to find that it's too risky to bother trying to infinite duress and retreat (if I can).

If I try and open with infinite duress, he usually escapes just fine, with his teleport, and then proceeds to work me over with his various skillshots. Doesn't seem he needs to use his ultimate (although he does often enough).

Besides the obvious "L2P" or "L2dodgeskillshots" (which, his are pretty hard to dodge, especially when trying to kill him), "L2notsuck" etc. etc., any suggestions?

Nylian

08-17-2010

Hey, I play junglewick and Ez on a semi-regular basis and to be honest with you the only way I've killed Ezreal is with some sort of help from a team-mate.

As Ezreal having an enemy champ with about the same health that needs CQC to survive and only 1 way outside of summoner abilities to close the gap makes me go om nom nom.

I just don't feel that WW is a good counter for Ezreal, much the other way around.

huhwhat

08-17-2010

Quote:
Nylian:
Hey, I play junglewick and Ez on a semi-regular basis and to be honest with you the only way I've killed Ezreal is with some sort of help from a team-mate.

As Ezreal having an enemy champ with about the same health that needs CQC to survive and only 1 way outside of summoner abilities to close the gap makes me go om nom nom.

I just don't feel that WW is a good counter for Ezreal, much the other way around.

Heh, usually when Ezreal is on their team at mid, I pretty much don't bother, unless its someone like morgana laning against him (or someone who can lock him down hard). Sometimes I'll run through just to scare him, but that's about all I can do

Warburton

08-17-2010

blow your load on him right away. if hes not dead, walk away. the only way to kill ez is to overwhelm him =/

gun fu panda

08-17-2010

Welcome to the rest of game. Dealing with a good Ezreal is **** near impossible, unless you're one of the three champions in the game that's a hard counter to him.

huhwhat

08-17-2010

Quote:
gun fu panda:
Welcome to the rest of game. Dealing with a good Ezreal is **** near impossible, unless you're one of the three champions in the game that's a hard counter to him.

If I may ask, which 3 are those? Nothing like getting the snot beat out of you by an Ezreal, and then hearing said Ezreal trash talking you in chat...

huhwhat

08-17-2010

so, thought I'd check again, to see if anyone has anything else to say about Ezreal

PSM Kearu

08-17-2010

My only opinion would be constant stuns to keep him still, if he uses flash and cleanse as summoner spells to assist in his escapes then I'd leave him to the team fights before trying to take care of him.

Captain Shin

08-17-2010

If you want to kill Ezreal with Warwick, and he's an ezreal with flash AND ghost, then you need a ghost and flash of your own, as well as good timing. to get it right - even then, it's usually touch and go. You'll have a very hard time slowing him, even with red buff, so it's all about being able to sneak up on him and landing a couple of normal hits.
His gut reaction will be to port away, and double skillshot. The moment he flashes away, hit him with your R. If it goes perfectly, you "should" be able to dodge both skillshots and pump him full of red buff. Because he'll have missed the skillshot, he'll have one extra second of CD on his next port, so he'll naturally flash and ghost away - here's the hard part: you need to flash and ghost - if your timing is just, you should be able to get another red buff slow and Q on him, while dodging his skillshot. At this stage, your passive should be on, and ezreal on next to nothing. You'll have roughly one to two seconds to kill him before the next port.
At least, that's the theory. YMMV.
P/S: Getting a Heart of Gold [later randuin], and a Phage [Later Mallet] is essential if you are serious about killing ezreal. The life-burst and near guaranteed phage proc on ulti will take you a long way towards killing him. Of course, that will set your madreds back by a fair bit, so it may not be worth it in the long run, but well, that's warwick for you...

Miloooooooo

08-17-2010

I played ez a fair bit besides his incredibly high damage he is insanely squishy... Most ez players will roll at least flash and will rely on that to get a fb/kill from mid lane... even if ur not able to kill him in a gank forcing him to use flash will make ez forcefully play defensive and gives your ally laning a huge upper hand