A couple of things on Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foofm

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed Donuts View Post
I raise Q at level 1, but max E and W first, and then max Q, I find his E more reliable than his Q because it's easily predictable.
Q is just as "easily" predictable. just practice with it. Maxing E first is the worst thing you can do on Varus. It has low base damage, and doesn't scale well.

The Hobo Lord

05-14-2012

How is he anticarry aside from his E? His aa range isn't the longest so you're going to have to do something crazy to get in there and aa the carry, as you have no outs if you overextend.

basileuspontou

06-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blat blat View Post

However, to everyone saying Varus is OP, he really isn't. He's a carry with an exceptional laning phase, but he is very squishy and has no ability-granted escapes, especially if you pincer him. His E is simply a slow, and not even very effective at low levels. His R does snare, but if the enemy team is in a group and chasing him they will most likely be out of its range before it can spread to them as well.

In short, Varus is fine where he is, stop complaining, and please, stop embarrassing him by playing him badly.
Well, the very idea of a carry is associated with a weak laning phase. Essentially, we've removed the liability associated with a carry without reducing any of the potential.

sologuy3

08-08-2012

You're a beast. Although I might say that his ultimate is perhaps a little underpowered, it does its job and the 'q' compensates for it

LolStaek

Recruiter

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foofm View Post
You can use both Q and E to pop Blight, just use Q first because it has priority.

You can, Auto x3 - Q - Auto x3 - E.

Or Auto x3 - Ult - Autox3 - Q - Autox3 - E

etc...

Its the lowest priority to use (unless they have self heals or lots of lifesteal/vamp).
That is a bad combo in my opinion, AAx3, E for the slow, AAx3 again, pop your q. If they're not dead yet AAx3 then ult and finish them. Switch ult and E situationally.

I've mained varus adc from the day he was free. I have never gone negative playing him. First day using him, I easily penta'd in a normal game. 3rd ranked game, easy quadra kill.

Originally I would max q first thinking it does the most damage. But after experimenting, grabbing Q FIRST is good for harrass and lane control first few levels. Then grabbing W for the % damage and finally maxing E for the SCALING slow and AoE damage.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolStaek View Post
That is a bad combo in my opinion, AAx3, E for the slow, AAx3 again, pop your q. If they're not dead yet AAx3 then ult and finish them. Switch ult and E situationally.

I've mained varus adc from the day he was free. I have never gone negative playing him. First day using him, I easily penta'd in a normal game. 3rd ranked game, easy quadra kill.

Originally I would max q first thinking it does the most damage. But after experimenting, grabbing Q FIRST is good for harrass and lane control first few levels. Then grabbing W for the % damage and finally maxing E for the SCALING slow and AoE damage.
The **** are you necroing this thread for?

Alpha196

02-21-2013

I have to disagree with 1, 2, 3, and 6

1) unless you need the range, why charge it up and waste time. hit'em quickly and get back to auto attacking.
2) yes max it second, after E ... not Q. Q is unreliable, has great rank 1 dmg (thus doesn't need ranks), and scales well with ad. E is weak w/o ranks, has your slow which increases based on rank, and is VERY reliable dmg.
3) his E can be used as an offensive ability and is just as much offensive as it is defensive. It has a heal redux, a slow and does sizable dmg, while proc'ing blight stacks and is quick to get off.
6) You're not an assassin and you're not the AP carry. you should be targeting the safest and closest target. leave the ADC to the divers.

Snewdy

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha196 View Post
I have to disagree with 1, 2, 3, and 6

1) unless you need the range, why charge it up and waste time. hit'em quickly and get back to auto attacking.
2) yes max it second, after E ... not Q. Q is unreliable, has great rank 1 dmg (thus doesn't need ranks), and scales well with ad. E is weak w/o ranks, has your slow which increases based on rank, and is VERY reliable dmg.
3) his E can be used as an offensive ability and is just as much offensive as it is defensive. It has a heal redux, a slow and does sizable dmg, while proc'ing blight stacks and is quick to get off.
6) You're not an assassin and you're not the AP carry. you should be targeting the safest and closest target. leave the ADC to the divers.

1: If you're close to the target, sure, fire quick. If far away, might as well charge up fully and get them since if they're going to dodge it they'll dodge it whether you charge fully or partially. Plus it has futher range then you're auto attacks.

2. Q is not unreliable, at least it's just as unreliable as E. E is not usually used for damage but rather the slow. At rank 1 E will barely be doing more damage then an auto attack, by the time you get a high crit and good damage the damage part of E will be almost ignorable. You'll pretty much never get kills with E, if you do it's because they're slowed and your auto attacks or Q kill them.

Snewdy

02-21-2013

For the record, I main Varus as well, and I agree with pretty much everything the OP stated. Especially maxing Q before E and getting attack speed and crits. The item build he posted is pretty much exactly what I go for every game.

SpencerJacket

11-01-2013

I like to max E, then W, then Q. In lane you just need one or two auto attacks and a maxed E and it chunks them like you wouldn't believe. The Q is good for popping Blight a second time or maybe getting that last tick of damage you need after someone flashes away. His E is just a lot easier to land, no charge up time, and it's actually got a pretty long range too.