A couple of things on Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ducky33

05-13-2012

[QUOTE=Blat blat;24238677
Also, if they actually remain alive through that second combo, god ****, that's one hell of a tank.[/QUOTE]

Or a standard ryze build.

Klinestife

05-13-2012

varus's damage output is also surprisingly high. was playing graves against him down bot and i was surprised when he took me down by 1/5 at lvl 1. had to ward that **** bush and juke more after that.

then i played another game against him. this guy sucked, barely used his q or utilized the bush. then he raged about how varus has pathetic damage output. (i had cross chat enabled.)

i havent played him, but from what ive seen he has a really good kit with a vayne-ish W that bursts people down. granted, his only escape is his slow, but i guess he can ult if he really has to.

Darkterror69

05-13-2012

I find him extremely enjoyable and rewarding to play. And I really feel like he benefitted quite a bit from the time on the PTR as well as the delay, as I find him to be quite balance, particularly in comparison to the other viable ranged AD carries. He may take a little work to get used to, but I think he's pretty solid overall.

Revolvah

05-14-2012

I started playing Varus as a crit build and it worked pretty well. However I have heard of people doing fairly well with hybrid and even ap builds.

Any thoughts to this?

RadiantPyrophore

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foofm View Post
You can use both Q and E to pop Blight, just use Q first because it has priority.

You can, Auto x3 - Q - Auto x3 - E.

Or Auto x3 - Ult - Autox3 - Q - Autox3 - E

etc...

Its the lowest priority to use (unless they have self heals or lots of lifesteal/vamp).
Actually I would consider Q to be the proc skill to hold out till last since it has the longest range, no CC, and any minions that could reduce the damage will, in all likelihood, be cleared by then.

The only time I wouldn't save Q for last is when I'm in a straight up duel with another ranged carry, I would just use a tap Q first in that situation (E instead if they have significant life steal) after 2-3 AA followed by another 2-3 AA and an E (or a tap Q if they have life steal) if you start to lose anyways, ult and break away, if THEY start to lose (they should, that's so excellent burst for a ranged carry) you ult and finish them with a few more AA and by then your Q should be off CD if they are still running.

RadiantPyrophore

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreMR View Post
man ... how to play with varus will depend on who is on your side and the other side.

Apparently you think like most ... and that is why many people have bad playing with varus. He is not a simple right click. your combo mechanics is complicated, dangerous and very slow (for stack debuffs).

As a right click, I think varus horrible compared to most other champions of LoL

For now, varus is new. however, he will disappear from matches to give place to corki and graves. This is inevitable. Ranged AD Carry with little mobility is more like a feeder.

Do you see MF in spactate live? Or at the championships?
The same will happen with the varus.
No, no it won't simply because of the %maxHP magic dmg a-la Kog'Maw/Vayne if played right. IF you remember correctly, Kog'Maw gets played in spite of no escapes or strong CC simply because of his range and tank shredding. Varus has a little less range (normally, Q is excellent for sniping runners) about the same amount of tank shred, (slightly less, but more constant, so, better for prolonged fights) and the utility of AoE healing redux, which is amazing for ENDING prolonged fights.

Graves is Graves, he had ****ed up design to start with, and, even though it's more balanced now, is still ****ed up. For this reason he will always be played unless they nerf him to Oblivion. Corki will be played simply because he's one corner of the Kog'Maw/Vayne/Corki/Varus Tank-wrecking-crew. He honestly has short-ass AA range, he's only played for the shreddage(with 10% true damage and Gatling gun redux over time), ranged AoE poke ult, and easy escapes.

Ashe-Oh, look Ma! No mobility!! Initiation ult and single target PERMASLOW plus never having to face check a bush again! (And possibly scaring the **** out of the enemy jungler, always a plus ^^)

Kog'Maw-Imma walking like a snail with no mobility. But I'm also a shreddin your tanks and bruisers right through their armor in their base from the safety of my outer turret.

Varus-No mobility carry trio guise! Super aggressive laner denies healer hardcore! Initiation super ult! A mix of Koggie tank shreddage and Graves Burst! Attack speed steroid rewards intelligent last hitting greatly and makes you a monster if you can get a single kill in a team fight! Long range super poke means runners will never escape again unless you fail at life!

RadiantPyrophore

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky33 View Post
Or a standard ryze build.
Nope, standard Ryze build doesn't have that much MR.

RadiantPyrophore

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolvah View Post
I started playing Varus as a crit build and it worked pretty well. However I have heard of people doing fairly well with hybrid and even ap builds.

Any thoughts to this?
No matter the build, it needs moar attack speed.

Malphite is your enemy, avoid Malphites at all costs.

Nunu is your friend, a match with Nunu will provide much happiness.

Foofm

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Coriolis View Post
Actually I would consider Q to be the proc skill to hold out till last since it has the longest range, no CC, and any minions that could reduce the damage will, in all likelihood, be cleared by then.

The only time I wouldn't save Q for last is when I'm in a straight up duel with another ranged carry, I would just use a tap Q first in that situation (E instead if they have significant life steal) after 2-3 AA followed by another 2-3 AA and an E (or a tap Q if they have life steal) if you start to lose anyways, ult and break away, if THEY start to lose (they should, that's so excellent burst for a ranged carry) you ult and finish them with a few more AA and by then your Q should be off CD if they are still running.
Then you are doing it wrong.

Q has the lowest cooldown. If you use it to proc blight, chances are if you need it to snipe, it will be up again.

E makes you lose far too much dps to proc blight to be anywhere near efficient.

And the second situation you are talking about is how you use the Q. You always use tap Q for popping blight stacks, you don't charge it, because again, that is a massive dps loss.

Put down E before you go to burst, so you can stand and auto without getting rushed, and you can negate healing before you try to burst someone down.

Dazed Donuts

05-14-2012

I raise Q at level 1, but max E and W first, and then max Q, I find his E more reliable than his Q because it's easily predictable.