Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Camera Angles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HungryEthiopianz

05-13-2012

Something really needs to be done about the camera angles for blue and purple if you have your screen locked you cannot aim below you if you have someone with a skill shot or anything like that. Other people have agreed with me that blue team has an advantage over purple so maybe in the next patch you could make the option to have the same camera angle as blue if your on purple? I'm pretty sure i'm not the only person who feels like this but every time i'm on purple i know i'm not going to do as good because of the camera angle getting in the way

Bobeo

05-13-2012

I simply do noy understand how so many people play with a locked camera. No joke, Gimp yourself more. It's like using the mouse to click your spells.

Naedox

05-13-2012

Unlocked camera can be pretty disorienting in my opinion. Plus it can be a little frustrating.

There outta be a guilde how to play via unlocked camera.

Khizan

05-13-2012

That's a pretty good idea. I'll write one up.

Step 1) Hit the spacebar to recenter on your character when you need to.

Okay, done.

Naedox

05-13-2012

Quote:
Khizan:
That's a pretty good idea. I'll write one up.

Step 1) Hit the spacebar to recenter on your character when you need to.

Okay, done.

That's not much of a guide. o.O

Deffy

05-13-2012

Quote:
Naedox:
That's not much of a guide. o.O

Its literally ALL you need.

If you're a gamer (hell, if you're a computer user), then generally your thumb will want to gravitate towards the spacebar. Play unlocked, pan around like any other RTS, click the mini-map, press space and it centers your screen on your character.

I am in no way a pro gamer, it REALLY is not that hard.

EDIT:
I do however think it would be awesome if you could see the standard "blue" angle if you were on purple. But not because of screen locks

KROTANK

05-13-2012

I don't see why riot can't just have a "flip HUD" option. It's probably the easiest fix for the problem, it eliminates the clunky unlocked screen controls, and it makes life easier for everybody. You're rarely going to need to look at the part of the screen in the direction of your base; what matters most is the portion of the screen in the direction of the enemy base.

It'd be a real quick-fix too; I'm surprised riot hasn't implemented it already.

HonorableGeneral

05-13-2012

Quote:
KROTANK:
I don't see why riot can't just have a "flip HUD" option. It's probably the easiest fix for the problem, it eliminates the clunky unlocked screen controls, and it makes life easier for everybody. You're rarely going to need to look at the part of the screen in the direction of your base; what matters most is the portion of the screen in the direction of the enemy base.

It'd be a real quick-fix too; I'm surprised riot hasn't implemented it already.

I second this. Although the "flip HUD" option only really bandages the camera lock issue. If you insist on playing with your camera locked onto your champion, don't expect to do well at all unless you are really, really good at watching the minimap (another important skill).

The issue I have with players who play with locked cameras is they lack anticipation. Especially if you're a jungler, you need to be able to see how every lane is doing so you can gauge whether to gank, push your own lane, leave to help another lane, etc. If you lock your camera, then you might not see the AP mid going to your lane, or you might not spot the jungler who just walked into your brush a few inches outside your camera.

And I know a lot of people will flame me and say "Dur just call MIAs" but the simple truth is you need map awareness. And you don't get that from camera locking onto your champion.

Mister Moti

05-13-2012

I play with camera lock for the most part, but I have "A" set to the camera lock toggle. This works for me great since there are many instances that having the freedom to move your camera would be nice, but it's also really easy to refocus on my character.

ElvenAura

05-14-2012

your top and bottom lane would be weird because then the purple top is the blue bottom. if u make the angle the same for purple. but yes the angles need to e changed somehow.