Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

lux in dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zzym

05-13-2012

How do you guys build her ?

im about to buy her and i d like to have some info about her . What kind of items you build , strategies etc etc

Redeemed In Fire

05-13-2012

She has to be played as hardcore spell artillery - never let people close enough to think of using gapclosers to get to you, never mind actually attacking.

Zzym

05-13-2012

that doesn t help me much lol

Markus Grey

05-13-2012

CDR AP Tank basically.
Items like Frozen Heart, Morello's Evil Tome, Rylai's, Odyn's Veil, CDR Boots.

Risemix

05-13-2012

This will not be a popular answer but I prefer glass canon lux and tankier items later in the game.

The reason for this is because until about levels 12-15, Lux with AP can instantly one-shot any target, and because of the fog cover and her long range, she can effectively be played as an assassin during the early game. After this point, her damage will fall off significantly no matter how much AP you have because of her combo-oriented nature (she doesn't deal constant damage, she blows her wad and that's it).

So yeah, I basically go cdr boots deathcap, then start tanking up with frozen heart, odyn's, etc.

Rylai's should NEVER EVER EVER be built on Lux, the fact that her Q snares, her ult is AoE, and her E is AoE too (and already slows) means the secondary effect is wasted. If you want health there are other far less expensive options.

A sample build for me might be:

CDR Boots, deathcap, frozen heart, haunting guise, odyn's veil, hextech sweeper

in no special order

Panwar

05-13-2012

I actually agree with Risemix. She's also go the range and kit to survive as a glass cannon provided decent play.

The best thing to do in the world is to hide in the FoW next to a point and wait for 2-3 cappers to come up to it. QERE and if you are lucky you can get a double/triple kill out of it.

DoYouLikeMyHat

05-13-2012

I think shes best as support with bruisers and heavies. Not only do they distract everyone else from focusing you but you can facilitate kills with root and snare very well if you aim is good.

On the flip side if you see people like Jax, Lee Sin, Irelia, Wukong, Urgot etc etc stacked on the other team you are probably going to have an extremely bad game. You cant reliably kill them or stop them even if you land your spells and they will blow you up.

With the former id go AP, the latter tank like Markus Gray posted.

Risemix

05-13-2012

Urgot and Lee Sin MAYBE but Lux can stay very far away from Jax and Wukong.

She's not a turret, she has high base move speed and super long range. In terms of kiting, she's way up with the best of casters.

Lux's problem on Dominion is that she has a bit of an identity crisis. She doesn't transition well as an AP carry into late game, she becomes more of a support and your team loses a lot of damage output.

DoYouLikeMyHat

05-13-2012

Quote:
Risemix:
Urgot and Lee Sin MAYBE but Lux can stay very far away from Jax and Wukong.

Completely disagree.

In an ideal situation like the outer rim, sure you can kite if you land q, but there's speed boosts, fog and bush all through the middle. It is so easy to gank you, so what if u Q them, it lasts 1.5s and then they dash on you with typical bruiser dash and annihilate you.

Which gets worse and worse as the game goes on as the bruisers become ridiculous with items while you stagnate.

If you go full tanky you can escape such situations but you are completely useless by yourself. You cant kill anything or prevent caps.

GrignardTS

05-13-2012

She has two builds that work.

Glass cannon and Tanky Cdr.

Glass usually gets an early Cap with cdr.

Tanky has frozen heart core and rylais, maybe Abyssal.

Glass is much harder to play than tanky, since you cannot make mistakes. There is no room for error. Both are strong in different team comps. Tanky needs good sustained dmg to make up for her lack of burst. Glass needs champions that can peel and initiate for her.

Try both