The cost of fixing TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deadset88

05-13-2012

I would like to get an estimate of how much money i would have to come up with to fix TT. I know hundreds of people that love this map and would like to see it fixed to the point that it is playable.

I know what you are thinking, no this is not another qq fix tt thread.

I am 100% motivated to get this map fixed. How will i do it well I am going to set up a fund and a petition for it. I will take donations and if it fails it fails.

Lets fix TT.

Altorr

05-13-2012

It is not a matter of money, but the other resources that are scare to a games company: time and staff.

Riot has as many staff as they can afford to complete the tasks/goals they have set up in hopefully the fastest time frame possible for quality work. The only way to see major overhauls and upgrades to Twisted Treeline is to have a HUGE increase in people playing it and steadily.

I am sure Riot pulls numbers on how many users play each game mode. And I am sure that Twisted Treeline is the lowest of them all. Its probably something like 70% Summoners Rift, 20% Dominion, 10% Twisted Treeline.

Online polls and petitions are nice, but the people who actually come to the website is a small segment of the entire player base. The only real number that Riot needs to see is people playing it. If you can some how get hundreds of thousands of people playing TT regularly then it would be showered with upgrades and fixes to keep those players happy.

Deadset88

05-14-2012

Every thing in life comes back to money. With money they could appoint those resources.

People dont play TT because it is broken. Its like riot gave us a swimming pool without water and said, we will fill it when hundreds of thousands of people start swimming.

I am fed up with the state of TT, the entire reason it is not played more is the fact that people played it hated it because it was not as polished at release. Had it been better it would not be the black sheep that it is now.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altorr View Post
It is not a matter of money, but the other resources that are scare to a games company: time and staff.

Riot has as many staff as they can afford to complete the tasks/goals they have set up in hopefully the fastest time frame possible for quality work. The only way to see major overhauls and upgrades to Twisted Treeline is to have a HUGE increase in people playing it and steadily.

I am sure Riot pulls numbers on how many users play each game mode. And I am sure that Twisted Treeline is the lowest of them all. Its probably something like 70% Summoners Rift, 20% Dominion, 10% Twisted Treeline.

Online polls and petitions are nice, but the people who actually come to the website is a small segment of the entire player base. The only real number that Riot needs to see is people playing it. If you can some how get hundreds of thousands of people playing TT regularly then it would be showered with upgrades and fixes to keep those players happy.
And that's where it's a catch 22.

Nobody will play Twisted Treeline because it has several huge flaws that make the mode significantly less fun to play as (absurd difficulty in breaking turtling, jungle flaws, imbalances, etc), and many would like to see some fixes to it before they would start playing it.

But Riot won't fix it because not too many people play it regularly.

>.<

WHATSGOODYO

05-15-2012

I love TT in my opinion but there are so many flaws in it, it's not really that much fun to play anymore unless you don't have downsyndrome people on your team. Pretty much all the reasons BigDaddyRelish mentioned.

Rulkiewicz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Nucleotyde

05-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altorr View Post

You make a point, but if TT wasn't awful, people would play it more. Me and most of my friends played it almost exclusively starting out. For my first 20 levels or so, I only played SR in co-op games. I would probably play it more than Dominion if they actually fixed it.