Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thessalonike

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeJediKnight View Post
Hello, I'm not high elo, but am an avid sej fan. Basically my thought process is the following, you are a cc machine, nothing more nothing less. To excel at this role what I do is go philo and HoG to then go full blown tank. Now since most the player base has no clue how sej works, I tend to do extremely well early, and my first item tends to be mallet, this is for 2 reasons a) it synergizes with her kit, people will never get away b) it gives tankiness AND damage to her W.
Now alot of people burn me for this, saying RoA or Rylai's or such and such, my point is still that you want to enhance the champions strenghts, so from there I go FH and FN, speed and cooldown. Note that this build is subject to the flow of game, if the enemy ap carry is steamrolling I'll probably get the early negatron and leave it for later. Also, math shows that health is just a better stat to build pre end game.

Also, some people seem to believe she is too easy to use, yet everyone fails to point out that you should jungle with q into w, wait 2 seconds then burst e to maximize frost AoE. Little kinks like this are what separate good sej from bad ones, healthy incredibly fast jungle from a poor one. Your E is basically a snare, so wait for them to burn flash and then punish them.
Many players understand this, she was made to slow and disrupt the enemy "team".

Maximizing her damage from Northern Winds by a timely use of Permafrost has been pointed out several times... just like stopping flash and dash champions from escaping the understanding that Permafrost is not a mash button ability is important.

It's her feel that's wrong... look at the example you point out. A snare for "a" flashing target. We should be talking about multiple targets with single situational uses. A single target snare does not scream "team" slow or disrupt.

King Roofus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servantofthe99 View Post
here's what i noticed about sijuani. and in all scenarios....her passive is...pathetic.

first as a tank in comparison with other tanks (jungle)

-very slow jungle due to low damage (low damage understandable but not to this degree to not even cause a remote threat)

-most other tank junglers have proper gap closers and can gank by level 2. sejuani is forced to gank only at level 6 since no gap closer.

[/B]
How are you gold not thinking her Q is a gap closer?

chumbler

06-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeJediKnight View Post
Hello, I'm not high elo, but am an avid sej fan. Basically my thought process is the following, you are a cc machine, nothing more nothing less. To excel at this role what I do is go philo and HoG to then go full blown tank. Now since most the player base has no clue how sej works, I tend to do extremely well early, and my first item tends to be mallet, this is for 2 reasons a) it synergizes with her kit, people will never get away b) it gives tankiness AND damage to her W.
Now alot of people burn me for this, saying RoA or Rylai's or such and such, my point is still that you want to enhance the champions strenghts, so from there I go FH and FN, speed and cooldown. Note that this build is subject to the flow of game, if the enemy ap carry is steamrolling I'll probably get the early negatron and leave it for later. Also, math shows that health is just a better stat to build pre end game.

Also, some people seem to believe she is too easy to use, yet everyone fails to point out that you should jungle with q into w, wait 2 seconds then burst e to maximize frost AoE. Little kinks like this are what separate good sej from bad ones, healthy incredibly fast jungle from a poor one. Your E is basically a snare, so wait for them to burn flash and then punish them.
Sejuani is not a cc monster. She has one stun on a two minute cooldown, and one slow worth talking about, with nontrivial conditions on it. That's it. She has no ability to change enemy positions. She has no ability to interrupt outside of her ult. She has no ability to stop anyone from doing anything outside of her ult. That is not a cc monster. Amumu is more of a cc monster than Sejuani is, and he only has a single target stun outside of his ult. Try looking at Nautilus or Alistar if you want cc machines.

Also yes, you can maximize your damage against creeps by doing Q, W, wait, E, but she cannot keep up the mana burden of doing that for very long. And that blows her 19 second cooldown on her Q.

Thessalonike

06-14-2012

Bump in hopes of a Volty post or a Rick update (side topic who should be my next Volty champ Voli or Vayne?)

RyanArmour3

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
Sejuani is not a cc monster. She has one stun on a two minute cooldown, and one slow worth talking about, with nontrivial conditions on it. That's it. She has no ability to change enemy positions. She has no ability to interrupt outside of her ult. She has no ability to stop anyone from doing anything outside of her ult. That is not a cc monster. Amumu is more of a cc monster than Sejuani is, and he only has a single target stun outside of his ult. Try looking at Nautilus or Alistar if you want cc machines.

Also yes, you can maximize your damage against creeps by doing Q, W, wait, E, but she cannot keep up the mana burden of doing that for very long. And that blows her 19 second cooldown on her Q.
Chumbler,I actually read this thread all the way and I agree with the visuals problem. What do you think about each of the following to address them.

Warrior training/muscles- Match Blitz's Health: lvl 1 568, lvl 18 2268. Match Skarner's armor: lvl 1 22.8, lvl 18 87.4. Magic Resistance: standard 1.25 per lvl.

Use of muscles/magic damage/riding a boar- The lore change I read is the only thing I see that addresses the issue. People can over train, basically she cripples herself and needs a new pair of legs, she doesn't give up and immediately pulls herself along the ground out into a blizzard and returns with Bristle. That at least explains "the heart of the blizzard". The mystics bestowing them with magic to augment her ability after the accident clarifies the damage type.

Bristle/spreading frost- Make movement speed 320 and remove the stop on Q, increase the range on Q and add a .5 second knockup to all. Now she can run, run through things and spread more frost.

Jungle- If the armor and health don't help her come out healthy enough the toggle W should finish the trick.

Bonus- Her shield is silly she has no "shield", she should lose it for a massive two handed flail something like this. She could magically release or throw the chain and two ends like bolas while retaining the shaft as a weapon instead of throwing the whole weapon.

http://ethermancer.blogspot.com/2010/06/sasamuhn.html

YokoNomi

06-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
quick informal poll for sejuani players:
do you buy rod of ages when playing sejuani?
why or why not?

i'm curious. :3
Since the thread is still alive with the overall issue unanswered on where the champion will stand for us in the possibly further future, I might as well put my two cents in, even if I'm repeating what some have already said.

As beneficial as RoA would be to most AP based champions, this is not so for Sejuani. Despite her all ap appearance skill wise, her ratios are too poor to be considered worthy to focus power wise, having learned this very well near the start of having obtained her after her release.

She is almost required to be played as a slow tank in order to be beneficial to the team, or be killed off otherwise. I am not complaining about this in any way, but it feels like her having ap deems to be nearly pointless with what she is forced to be to survive a match.

big I coteaz

06-14-2012

well first i have to say is that I LOVE SEJAUNI.

but i do agree she needs slightly higher base damage. higher mr and armor per lvl.

other than that i think she is fine

oh but maybe make the particles for her norther winds better. its not that great

Bikohoness

06-15-2012

Tonight I had an incredibly frustrating night with Sejuani. Nobody cares to read a laundry list of crappy in-game moments. But I will reiterate that every moment was directly connected to her lack of survivability and poor damage output in the early game.

I really love Sejuani, and she is really the core reason I keep booting up this game every day. But until she gets fixed I think she's going to be relegated to bot-games only.

Tetryst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2012

I love Sejuani as she is. My fav champ by far atm.

My only problem with her is I accidentally steal most of the kills I try to get for my lanes.

It makes no sense to me that people think Sejuani is weak.

Ulvig

06-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetryst View Post

It makes no sense to me that people think Sejuani is weak.
this. right now you have to make a choice when playing Sejuani. eighter apply permafrost right away or or wait and get mor dmg from her W. i rly like this. i rly hope they keep her the way she is. if anything just buff her numbers a little.