Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bikohoness

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolpocalypse View Post
all star match before s2 world finals
For those that didn't see that game, it was a goofy, troll-like game where they put all the best-known players from the teams that didn't make it to the finals all together, split them up into two teams and had them play a game to entertain the crowd before they got into the serious stuff.

It can be watched here: http://www.lolvods.net/lol-s2-worlds-allstar-match/

Scarra took Sejuani mid and was totally destroyed in pretty much every situation.

Careful Ima Trap

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikohoness View Post
For those that didn't see that game, it was a goofy, troll-like game where they put all the best-known players from the teams that didn't make it to the finals all together, split them up into two teams and had them play a game to entertain the crowd before they got into the serious stuff.

It can be watched here: http://www.lolvods.net/lol-s2-worlds-allstar-match/

Scarra took Sejuani mid and was totally destroyed in pretty much every situation.
Actually it looked like Sejuani provided a lot of utility and damage. :|

CMNDO ThuleWulf

10-23-2012

What i don't understand is that Syndra is getting some buffs rather quick after release.
But the Sejuani players have to wait for maybe even a year before Riot finally takes some action.

Really Riot... Whats taking so long?

Akitoshi

10-23-2012

It's not just Syndra. There's been quite a few champion tweaks and more to come without any of them being for Sejuani. Oh and as for that game with Scarra, yeah, you don't mid Sejuani.

CMNDO ThuleWulf

10-23-2012

I had the most success with support Sejuani. If you manage to survive her weak early game you can become a beast late game. Her ulti can be awesome if the team takes advantage of it.

However i recently picked up support Volibear and he turned out to be even better in setting up kills for the carry.
I'd like to see her buffed so she at least becomes good at jungling

Arcticfury

10-23-2012

The problem with Sejuani is that in most cases she is very weak, with the exception of late game CC. But she doesn't do much to help your team get the advantage early on. She can jungle, she can slow, but she just isn't quite good enough for ranked. Riot won't comment on whether they will be doing anything with her, but they do allude that we are all idiots for claiming she isn't good enough.

Cheese852

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Here's how you make Sejuani viable, two easy steps.

1: Give her a defense steroid of some kind. Maybe a percentage buff to resists, maybe an a health shield. Just something that lets her actually tank! Perhaps it could scale off targets affected by frost, and activates with your E, or how about with your Q, so you can initiate/escape better pre-6 or when your ult is down.
2: Reduce her Blue dependance - that means shortened cooldowns and reduced mana costs. Right now she can barely donate the buff to the mid lane.

Thats's it! Success! Sejuani is viable! Not overpowered, or weak, but definetly viable!

Thessalonike

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese852 View Post
Here's how you make Sejuani viable, two easy steps.

1: Give her a defense steroid of some kind. Maybe a percentage buff to resists, maybe an a health shield. Just something that lets her actually tank! Perhaps it could scale off targets affected by frost, and activates with your E, or how about with your Q, so you can initiate/escape better pre-6 or when your ult is down.
2: Reduce her Blue dependance - that means shortened cooldowns and reduced mana costs. Right now she can barely donate the buff to the mid lane.

Thats's it! Success! Sejuani is viable! Not overpowered, or weak, but definetly viable!
Following you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
Cheese I sure hope they don't follow your advise. Right now Sejuani is the only tank with no defense steroid. I would rather they highlight her difference from the other tanks than make her more like the other tanks. Sejuani is an in and out sort of tank not an armor up wade into the thick and sit tank. Sure she has less damage soak but that's not all tanks do... and besides you know people tunnel when you get low and the beauty of her kit is people target her because she is squishier than other tanks.

I certainly don't share your thought on blue. I donate blue all the time she is a bit mana hungry but its nothing that can't be managed.

With your suggestions it sounds like how you want her changed to play her not how you want her changed because you play her.

Arcticfury

10-23-2012

I haven't seen a single post where anyone from Riot will post that they will fix her, they don't even acknowledge that she needs work. Well maybe ricklessabandon, but otherwise no one does. They all act like she is perfectly balanced.

She is picked ~.7% (not even a full 1% on any given day) in ranked games over the last month.
She is picked ~1% in normal games.

There are 105 champions, so that means the average for ranked games is 9.5% since 10 unique champions have to be picked. .7% is far below the 9.5%

Edit: I want to point out that all of the top bans are picked more than Sejuani, making her even less likely to be picked. And the 9.5% doesn't take into consideration that 6 champs can't be picked.

For normal games it is a bit more difficult because 10 unique champions must be picked on draft and duplicates can be picked in non-draft unless all draft are not included or are included in ranked. I don't know the stats for draft vs. non-draft. So let's assume they are equal. That means the average is 7.1%, and she is 1%.

Being in the bottom 5 (draft and normal) means there are over 100 champions picked more frequently. That means there are 100 champions that should be looked at, evaluated, and buffed after Sejuani is fixed. Top 5 perhaps evaluated for nerfing balance, but many don't need to be nerfed, many are just favorites. Sejuani however is not a least favorite, she is simply not good enough to be played more than 1% of matches.

SR God

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
I haven't seen a single post where anyone from Riot will post that they will fix her, they don't even acknowledge that she needs work. Well maybe ricklessabandon, but otherwise no one does. They all act like she is perfectly balanced.

She is picked ~.7% (not even a full 1% on any given day) in ranked games over the last month.
She is picked ~1% in normal games.

There are 105 champions, so that means the average for ranked games is 9.5% since 10 unique champions have to be picked. .7% is far below the 9.5%

Edit: I want to point out that all of the top bans are picked more than Sejuani, making her even less likely to be picked. And the 9.5% doesn't take into consideration that 6 champs can't be picked.

For normal games it is a bit more difficult because 10 unique champions must be picked on draft and duplicates can be picked in non-draft unless all draft are not included or are included in ranked. I don't know the stats for draft vs. non-draft. So let's assume they are equal. That means the average is 7.1%, and she is 1%.

Being in the bottom 5 (draft and normal) means there are over 100 champions picked more frequently. That means there are 100 champions that should be looked at, evaluated, and buffed after Sejuani is fixed. Top 5 perhaps evaluated for nerfing balance, but many don't need to be nerfed, many are just favorites. Sejuani however is not a least favorite, she is simply not good enough to be played more than 1% of matches.
syndra is getting a whole slew of buffs and QoL buffs before Sej, and she was just released. Obviously riot doesn't care for Sej.