Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Bushmaster

09-15-2012

Sejuani is my main jungler, and I dominate with her. typically run about 8/2/20 or something comparable on draft 5's with my friends. I don't see why so many people complain about her. her permaslow capability is OP in my opinion, and her ult is just broken. Double champ stun, take out the bottom lane in one gank with any sort of coordination with your team mates at all. her jungling time is a tad slow for my taste, but her ridiculously strong ganks make up for it IMO. If you're not getting successful ganks by 5 to 6 minutes, I don't know what you're doing. I love me some sejuani, and I think she's just fine the way she is. Maybe she could use a small buff on her W health>dmg ratio, but that's really all I could think of that might need to be tweaked, and really, its fine the way it is, I'm just being greedy.

Kohou

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i still actively read this thread. thanks for the contribution.
So many posts and it seems like you've at least looked at all of them. Stuff like this is why I love Riot so much.

DualAxes

09-15-2012

she is a supportive jungler as in she helps allies get kills by slowing and ult the enemy and a support tank as in she can take a hit and help team get kills by slowing, pushing and using ult......Her dps is non existent. Also she is a slow jungler and runner.

Thessalonike

09-15-2012

Rick its been a month and a half... anything new?

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

09-16-2012
15 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
Rick its been a month and a half... anything new?
no, no updates yet. it's pretty safe to say that there won't be any new public information for at least the next month or so since live design as a whole will be heavily involved with the season 2 finals and/or transition into season 3.

since there's a possibility for larger changes (e.g., season 2's mastery and jungle changes) that could significantly impact champion projects, it would be prudent to let the larger changes develop and settle before pushing forward with champion adjustments.

StrengthAndHonor

09-16-2012

Quote:
no, no updates yet. it's pretty safe to say that there won't be any new public information for at least the next month or so since live design as a whole will be heavily involved with the season 2 finals and/or transition into season 3.

since there's a possibility for larger changes (e.g., season 2's mastery and jungle changes) that could significantly impact champion projects, it would be prudent to let the larger changes develop and settle before pushing forward with champions adjustments.
Rick, Sejuani is perfectly fine. Maybe small changes, but she is VIABLE.

I lane with her as top lane all the time and rarely ever lose. She is also a good jungler. She can even mid. People just haven't figured out how to play her. Many champions who are now popular, went through this in the past.

Sejuani must be built with defensive runes + masteries, and then buy lots of Health items (health on Sej means more damage).... she is one of the BEST intitiators in the game.

I made this thread on it http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2555150

DanielLaneDC

09-16-2012

Honestly, I can't play Sejuani for the life of me, but about 7 months ago I met someone who blitzes games with her. He plays her mid and he steam rolls pretty much anyone except good Orianna players.

He's shown me the capacity that Sej has and honestly he's used her to creature game-winning environments. He'll be the first person to admit he's not the best player mechanically and that goes to show the viability that Sejuani has as a champion that he's still able to do exceptionally well in lane. In lane, AP Carries can't burst Sejuani when she's built for the defence. Sejuani is at her most vulnerable when she attempts a disengage, which is weakened by the cooldown of her almost-Valkyrie.

Sejuani can set up devastating engagement combos. Consider an AP carry top like a Vlad or a Kennen and then a Sejuani mid. You've half destroyed the team before they have a chance to react. In addition, you're not really missing your magic damage and you have your tank.

I still don't think she's a particularly strong champion and absolutely not instant-win like some other champs can be argued to be but some of the strategies my friend's put together show the class she's capable of. I do not consider her as weak as most do in the slightest. The painful part is trying to convince other people in champion select that my friend can win the game for us if he's given the chance. I'm glad to notice a trend of late that less and less people seem to want to queue dodge because of my friend's selection. Hopefully it continues.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

09-16-2012

Quote:
it's pretty safe to say that there won't be any new public information for at least the next month or so
*sigh*

But thanks for an update!

NightcoreDJ

09-16-2012

Not gonna lie, but that's pretty disappointing news. Ah well, I do hope those changes that are coming instead will help her out.

Funshade

09-16-2012

Heres the main idea that I see Behind Sejuani. Sajuani Scales into late game so hard its almost not funny. Her slow E that last 3 seconds scales from 30%-70% thats a huge goddamn ammount when you compare the scaling from other champs. As this is what I level first, her ganks dont do that well till level 5-9 as any less then level 4 and your only slowing them for 40% and thats not really enough to keep some one still.

Now the next skill her W. that Not ONLY scales off of max health, witch means it scales better at higher levels without needing to stack health as its not Bonus health, But it goes from 1% to 2% Mean it scales harder on health AS you level it. so Now Sejuani's main damage only starts dealing real damage at level 13 and at level 13 your going to have a good ammount of base health from items and just levels.

Her Q, I wont get into much, but keep in mind it goes from 19 sec cooldown to 11... that's a pretty big amount.

Her Ult is just.. awesome, ive pulled some awesome shots using it that make me super happy. Shurelya's Reverie is So good in a teamfight with Sejuani as you can initiate a fight from almost any distance, Ult+Reverie and Bam, your in a team fight now.

Most people who Drop Sejuani as a Viable champion are the people who expect to get the best ganks at level two. Same reason why I dont see WW junglers anymore, anyone who does goes "uggh no ganks till 6 I guess" But late game WW is super good.