Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTaur

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
I haven't seen anything other than she needs a feel adjustment and she has noted survivability issues... so I'm not sure about the "what they want to buff" or "not want to buff" scenarios comes from.
It's either Rickless, or I'm confusing with something else said somewhere else. I thought for sure they didn't want to buff her best case on the whole.

Quote:
Throwing your initiation or not throwing your initiation sounds a little counter productive for an initiator... choosing the best moment during an initiation makes a lot more sense than not.. choosing to use your initiation during... initiation.
I don't understand what any of this is trying to say.

Quote:
The funny thing is you and others think she isn't "tanky" enough then say she can sit around and harass until an opening happens. So can she afford to wait or can't she?
I've changed a bit on this. She is tanky enough if you don't get distracted by health scaling and fail to stack resists. And if you don't initiate suicides. A couple months back, I was sort of spoiled from playing Leona a lot and didn't have a feel for it.

I guess it's more zoning than harassing, what I usually do. If I don't feel good about jumping in, I just make sure nothing is getting to our carries. If you get an auto in, then W and E generally follow and your ADC should get free hits.

Quote:
The Q is plenty stoppable even if it can not be interrupted.. remember she has survivability issues.
"Survivability issues" that are mostly farm-dependent. A fed Sejuani would be super-undeniable, while an unfed one would only blow up that much faster if she could jump through things, anyway. Even with the blocking, it merely makes Sejuani and her positioning and denial consistent with the rest of the game.

I never feel like she's not mobile enough. I do always feel like her first jungle brings her health down too far. This is after a lot of games, and after being pretty consistent with decent scores lately.

DrewRoid

09-04-2012

Hey Rickless. I see Karma more than Sej. That mean anything to you?

Doc Zenith

09-04-2012

Nothing wrong with Sej. I suck with a multitude of champs, however I can carry with Sej, ruler of the Normal game and Freljord.

Shadowavion

09-04-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2544538&page=3

Heres my take not a full on remake but a change to make her more unique

Thessalonike

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
It's either Rickless, or I'm confusing with something else said somewhere else. I thought for sure they didn't want to buff her best case on the whole.

I don't understand what any of this is trying to say.

I've changed a bit on this. She is tanky enough if you don't get distracted by health scaling and fail to stack resists. And if you don't initiate suicides. A couple months back, I was sort of spoiled from playing Leona a lot and didn't have a feel for it.

I guess it's more zoning than harassing, what I usually do. If I don't feel good about jumping in, I just make sure nothing is getting to our carries. If you get an auto in, then W and E generally follow and your ADC should get free hits.

"Survivability issues" that are mostly farm-dependent. A fed Sejuani would be super-undeniable, while an unfed one would only blow up that much faster if she could jump through things, anyway. Even with the blocking, it merely makes Sejuani and her positioning and denial consistent with the rest of the game.

I never feel like she's not mobile enough. I do always feel like her first jungle brings her health down too far. This is after a lot of games, and after being pretty consistent with decent scores lately.
I would say 95% of my "real" games I play either Sejuani or Leona...

Her initiation... choosing when to use it is fine. Understanding you shouldn't use it at times during an initiation is just wrong. The fact that a mobile character can be body blocked by the slowest champions in the game is sad.

Busting an auto attack on a single target is fine but Sejuani was specifically designed to "slow and disrupt the enemy team" as a "mobile tank".

Every champion is tanky enough if built that way... and she is mobile until a team fight. I can't understand the jungle issues though. I have zero problems and 9 out of 10 times I start red now. I counter jungle, gank at level 2 and if I get countered hard it doesn't matter a behind Sejuani is still very effective.

TheCowness

09-04-2012

A few months ago you were asking about RoA. I've gotten it before; Catalyst can help with her mana problems. However, I usually just get Philosophers Stone and some mana potions. Sometimes I buy Warmog or RoA before Sunfire, but sometimes I skip them. Giant's Belt adds more damage to her W than a blasting wand, even though her other abilities don't benefit from it.

I like Sejuani and I usually do really well with her, but she doesn't do anything better than everyone else. I play her a lot like Mundo, but Mundo does his own job a little better than she does. I think her biggest problem is her mana costs in the jungle. She definitely needs at least one mana regen item to jungle whether it's PS, catalyst, or potions; at least two if you give up blue to the mid. Luckily, Reverie's awesome on her and RoA/Banshees aren't bad, so having to buy those items don't hurt her too much.

I think I agree with your late-game analysis of her. If we're stomping early, I can go 7/0/13 with her, but if we're not, she stops being too useful. She's a great initiator with her ult, but if their team's behind, an initiator just commits suicide when they charge in like that.

I don't think she needs much, and I don't think she's as bad as people think, but she still needs a little love. She's still one of my favorite champions to play, though.

Natneyi

09-04-2012

BRILLIANT and very true. +1

Timjin

09-04-2012

Jumping into the game with Armor Quints, Seals, and cloth/5

Wish me luck!

Thessalonike

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timjin View Post
Jumping into the game with Armor Quints, Seals, and cloth/5

Wish me luck!
Luck..... no... just... forget it gl/hf

MTaur

09-04-2012

Quote:
Her initiation... choosing when to use it is fine. Understanding you shouldn't use it at times during an initiation is just wrong. The fact that a mobile character can be body blocked by the slowest champions in the game is sad.
You don't always have to be the first one to ult. If you can't catch them in a bad place, it's not as good as saving it. Sometimes if the other team initiates, you can screw them over badly as they dogpile on. It's much easier to catch a carry in a bad place after the fight has heated up than it is to force something to work when everyone is pacing around and taking cover. There's no magic formula or anything, but some of my better plays are counterinitiations - *that's* when you can hit multiple carries and have your whole team in range to fire on them. You can also try baiting, but you might have to rely on your team having equal or better poke to do that.

And there's nothing sad about blockable skill shots. I'll never understand this obsession. Amumu and Sej have stronger ults than Leona, and they depend on positioning more, and they can't blink around at will. Sejuani's is slightly weaker than Amumu's, but it's also more flexible and easier to land, and she's more mobile than him, too. I still don't get why you don't complain that Amumu needs to blink around for free.

Quote:
Busting an auto attack on a single target is fine but Sejuani was specifically designed to "slow and disrupt the enemy team" as a "mobile tank".
I really don't get the part where she's somehow not slowing and disrupting the enemy team as a mobile tank. Really, Shen's the only one I can think of with better escapes.