Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TurtleSmurph

08-03-2012

Honestly I think one of the biggest things that Sejuani needs to help her, is either a minor boost to her movement speed or a minor boost to the slow, and definitely better scaling AP...just so that Items like R.o.A. would be viable.

Nixzilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Bump for great justice and maybe a status update

Aloretec

08-03-2012

What's going on rickless?

ZabrakOfOz

08-03-2012

I find sej passive good, but something muuch better would be turning it into an aura... enemies within a range of (put your number here) are slowed by 10%, if sejuani hits them with autoattacks or skills, the slow is increased to 20% or something like that. Permafrost can be casted only when they have that extra slow of course, but the slow of permafrost is reduced by 5%

MoozhMos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

So I played Sejuani for the first time yesterday, and my impression of her is that her kit is jumbled. It's all there, but i feel like its in all the wrong places. I'll shuffle some of her kit around for some brainfood. Note: This is only a imagined concept. Numbers are not my forte, so I will leave the details to those interested in that. I am only going to reimagine her kit.

1) Frost - her passive giving slow on hit feels underwhelming. Not because of the low slow effect (more on that later), but because she really doesn't hit all that many people with her auto attack. I feel like Frost would be better placed on Northern Winds, and instead we move the Permafrost enhanced slow to her passive. This way she sticks to a single target nicely, while still providing less slow to much of the enemy team. Makes her feel like she sticks to a target better. A new name would be needed.

2) Arctic Assault - this ability feels fine to me. Decent gap closer, applies frost at the end, tanky amounts of damage. I wouldn't touch this one.

3) Northern Winds - I think this is the best place to put her Frost passive. Glancing over her abilities, I initially felt like this one should be the slowing effect, although that slow is so weak it is hardly noticeable. Maybe her slow can stack up to three times? The numbers could be changed to cap out somewhere around Red Buff slow speed; I'm okay with the slow being worse than Red as long as it's actually noticable. With the addition of CC every second, this abilities' damage should probably come down a little. The bonus 50% damage against snared targets should be moved onto Permafrost.

4) Permafrost - I gutted this ability pretty thoroughly. The enhanced slow has been moved to Sej's passive to give her better sticking power, and the 50% bonus damage against snared targets has been moved from Northern Winds to Permafrost. So perhaps we are due for a name change, because Permafrost feels like it should be something like Shatter. It would deal a base damage value, multiplied by the number of stacks of Frost on a champion, and (after damage) apply or refresh a stack of frost. This means you can charge in to a team fight and immediately Frost everyone around you for one stack of slow, or you can stack up Frost with Northern Wind, and burst with Permafrost. This is where all the extra damage shaved from Northern Wind can end up, and this is would make Sejuani a real threat in a team fight. The damage should be balanced around the power of slow; too much slow or too much damage would make Sej overpowered, and that's not what I'm after. I want her to be a threat in a team fight, since she tends to have a large health pool and generally some defensive stats. Turns her into a real tank.

5) Glacial Prison - this ability is also fine as it is. I wouldn't touch it.

So, to recap, I will list my vision for a refreshed Sejuani below, with placeholder numbers.

Passive (Permafrost) - Your basic attacks apply Frost stacks to your target. If your target has the maximum number of Frost stacks, your basic attack applies Permafrost, refreshing stacks of Frost and doubling the slow effect.
OR
Your basic attacks against targets afflicted with Frost refresh the duration of Frost and apply Permafrost, doubling the current slow effect.

Q (Arctic Assault) - Same as the normal ability.

W (Northern Winds) - For each second over the next 5 seconds, Northern Winds deals X damage to targets around you and applies a stack of Frost, up to X stacks.

E (Shatter) - Shatter deals X amount of damage, and deals X bonus damage (# or %) for each stack of Frost on targets hit by Shatter. Shatter then applies a stack of Frost, and refreshes current stacks.

R (Glacial Prison) - Same as the normal ability.

This is the kit I envisioned Sejuani to have during my first play-through of her; it's what would feel natural to me, with her current cooldowns and the way her spells feel. Feedback is welcome! Show your support of this kit, modify it as you see fit, or tear it to the ground and tell me why it wouldn't work. Thank you for your time.

Glテクry

08-04-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2434039

Adding my own thoughts to the discussion

Nixzilla

08-04-2012

I hope she gets buffed this patch

Thessalonike

08-04-2012

Bumpy for an update if possible rick.

BloodraiderX

08-05-2012

tried her in dominion, a easy rammus bot seems to be doing better. yeah shes trash atm just my 2 cents. id try junging her, but all these comments about how naut > then her not even gonna try

Timjin

08-05-2012

I hope when she's adjusted that she actually lives up to the *Tank* tag