Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nunumann

07-19-2012

i'd play sejuani if there was a sejuan chicken skin

MTaur

MTaur

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunumann View Post
i'd play sejuani if there was a sejuan chicken skin
I see what you did there...

MTaur

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythior View Post
My friend has been playing Sej a lot in Dominion and 3v3 and has been doing very well.
Dominion is a funny place. You can build AP and not explode. LeBlanc doesn't fall off. Craziness. It's the only place where I give Sej a RoA.

Bikohoness

07-20-2012

This is feedback for the reds who may or may not still be evaluating her. I don't want to start any arguments with this, just tell @Ricklessabandon and others what it's like to play Sejuani now

<rage vent on>
After playing Sejuani every day for like 3 months, I put her on the shelf because I felt like it wasn't fair the play a champion with that many weaknesses on a team where everybody else was trying their hardest to win.

I played her in bot games a bunch because I enjoy her kit. I did a bunch of theorycrafting trying to see if I could figure out a build with more survivability...

I decided to try her in a couple of normal games tonight and honestly, she sucks even harder than I remember. Keep in mind this is coming from somebody who loves her abilities and her style. But the way she plays out in real games in so ridiculously weak it blows my mind. Before anybody says I'm just out of practice, that isn't it at all. I'm very familiar with what she is capable of at all 18 levels with a whole variety of gear, and she is just plain weak! You need to be extraordinarily cautious with her because she melts so fast in the early/mid game (you need about 10k worth of items before she becomes tanky) and her movespeed has a lot to do with this. There were several times when a couple of enemies were chasing an ally, while I was a safe distance away. I knew with Sejuani that if I went in to try to help it would just be a double-kill (a few times I tried it anyway and sure enough... they got a double kill) but each of those times I knew that if I'd been playing Skarner at that moment, I would have had to movespeed to get there, disrupt them a little and probably get away if I got focused. That just doesn't happen with Sejuani (until she has a small fortune worth of items, anyway)

At one poitn I ended up in a match with an eve on the other team... One skirmish was Sejuani with full health and all abilities off cooldown vs eve with 20% health and just finished a fight. I ran after her, landed a full combo (including my ult) and she got me to 20% health before I could even get her to 5%. I turned to run and she slowed me just as much as I slowed her (this was like level 8-9, so my E wasn't maxed yet) and killed me before I could get away. Her ult gives her a tanky steroid better than anything that Sejuani has.

Sejuani's total lack of sustain is extremely frustrating now. As soon as she gets into one fight and loses any amount of health it's going to stay gone until you B. If you totally dominate in a long game, you can have enough money to buy 3 warmogs and a FON... only then is her health regen high enough that it feels like you can stay out for any period of time without going back. But once you've gotten that far, what is the point?
In the early game you need to B every fight, so you end up A) missing many skirmishes and B) falling behind in levels and gold.

Rickless hit the nail on the head when he said that once Sejuani falls behind she rapidly becomes dead weight on the team and there is very little you can do to get back on top again.

I'm not sure the reds and paying attention any more. But if they are, know that Sejuani has become a very depressing experience for this summoner.
<rage vent off>

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikohoness View Post
This is feedback for the reds who may or may not still be evaluating her. I don't want to start any arguments with this, just tell @Ricklessabandon and others what it's like to play Sejuani now

<rage vent on>
After playing Sejuani every day for like 3 months, I put her on the shelf because I felt like it wasn't fair the play a champion with that many weaknesses on a team where everybody else was trying their hardest to win.

I played her in bot games a bunch because I enjoy her kit. I did a bunch of theorycrafting trying to see if I could figure out a build with more survivability...

I decided to try her in a couple of normal games tonight and honestly, she sucks even harder than I remember. Keep in mind this is coming from somebody who loves her abilities and her style. But the way she plays out in real games in so ridiculously weak it blows my mind. Before anybody says I'm just out of practice, that isn't it at all. I'm very familiar with what she is capable of at all 18 levels with a whole variety of gear, and she is just plain weak! You need to be extraordinarily cautious with her because she melts so fast in the early/mid game (you need about 10k worth of items before she becomes tanky) and her movespeed has a lot to do with this. There were several times when a couple of enemies were chasing an ally, while I was a safe distance away. I knew with Sejuani that if I went in to try to help it would just be a double-kill (a few times I tried it anyway and sure enough... they got a double kill) but each of those times I knew that if I'd been playing Skarner at that moment, I would have had to movespeed to get there, disrupt them a little and probably get away if I got focused. That just doesn't happen with Sejuani (until she has a small fortune worth of items, anyway)

At one poitn I ended up in a match with an eve on the other team... One skirmish was Sejuani with full health and all abilities off cooldown vs eve with 20% health and just finished a fight. I ran after her, landed a full combo (including my ult) and she got me to 20% health before I could even get her to 5%. I turned to run and she slowed me just as much as I slowed her (this was like level 8-9, so my E wasn't maxed yet) and killed me before I could get away. Her ult gives her a tanky steroid better than anything that Sejuani has.

Sejuani's total lack of sustain is extremely frustrating now. As soon as she gets into one fight and loses any amount of health it's going to stay gone until you B. If you totally dominate in a long game, you can have enough money to buy 3 warmogs and a FON... only then is her health regen high enough that it feels like you can stay out for any period of time without going back. But once you've gotten that far, what is the point?
In the early game you need to B every fight, so you end up A) missing many skirmishes and B) falling behind in levels and gold.

Rickless hit the nail on the head when he said that once Sejuani falls behind she rapidly becomes dead weight on the team and there is very little you can do to get back on top again.

I'm not sure the reds and paying attention any more. But if they are, know that Sejuani has become a very depressing experience for this summoner.
<rage vent off>
she definately needs something

MTaur

07-20-2012

Attachment 492361

Sexploits

07-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
D'aw.

c2 Crazy

07-21-2012

up

Sir Nikoli Wolfe

07-21-2012

After reading this thread, I looked up Sejuani online which I had never done before, to get a feel for her kit. After I started to get an understanding of how her abilities worked I almost immediately bought her with RP because of how in love I was before even playing her. With my build (nt,warmogs,RoA,Rylahs,Sunfire,Deathcap) I actually was kicking some serious ass, but only when I had competent team mates or my enemies made bad plays, tho i'd often get first blood and even double kills. Sej is certainly one of my favorite champs now, but after playing 10 ish match's with her I'm starting to feel where other people are coming from in terms of her early game survive-ability and cooldowns.

Long story short, thank you posters for pointing my nose towards one of my now favorite champions and riot please PLEASE do something to make our favorite Boar-Rider a bit less UP :3