Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hi. I’m Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exman33

06-30-2012

Quote:
Folly Inc:
I wish this were true, I've had more than enough enemies walk away from me.

-.- using what? flash/dash moves? if they just walk after u've hit them then ur doing something wrong. ITs called permafrost+spam whatever abilities u got when they come up again. that 10% slow is fierce aslong as you have boots. And permafrost is gets rediculous

Thessalonike

06-30-2012

Quote:
Zanthis:
I must say that even though I would love this, I wouldn't be for it. Being able to perform Q>E>R>E would be terribly overpowered unless the slow is reduced from 70%. Also as many others suggest, Q should be left for the end when people are trying to back off. You chase them down, THEN use E again if it's off cooldown. If your change to it is applied then well..I'm sure we'll see her banned in games much more often. We don't want that now do we?

I do agree with her not fitting her lore all too well though. The boar I don't mind. I think we all love Bristle.

The whole thing is OP... just having fun trying to get conversation. I really just want the stop removed and a 330 ms... and maybe the lore changed.

Just a jumping point... again.

Thessalonike

06-30-2012

Quote:
Exman33:
-.- using what? flash/dash moves? if they just walk after u've hit them then ur doing something wrong. ITs called permafrost+spam whatever abilities u got when they come up again. that 10% slow is fierce aslong as you have boots. And permafrost is gets rediculous

Maybe they are just ganking to close to the tower or with the lane out of position.

Serpent XI

06-30-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
skins team isn't constrained by lore, so we wouldn't have to keep bristle for all future skins. like all other changes that the skins team makes, we'd have to evaluate what would be best for the theme as well as to how much we're comfortable committing. doing a new mount would require a lot more model, texture, and animation work at the very least, but if the team feels strongly about it being necessary then we'd try to schedule accordingly (which isn't always easy for more complicated work).

Does that mean she could be an Urfrider?

TaintedTerror

06-30-2012

Rickless, if you're still reading/following this thread give Support Sejuani a chance. If you can believe it she's actually my best Support. xD Reason? Slow gives good cc, and helps allies escape sticky situations. Most support items give something to health. Aegis and Soul Shroud (Soul Shroud more than Aegis in most cases for spammable ulti) synergize with her decently well. Also Shurelia helps zone her for her ultimate.

I've tried her in every other role, but this is the only one I have any real positive results with. -.- She's kinda in a Poppy/Malz situation atm (not completely fitting for this meta) Though Malz is a touch outta date more than lacking in this meta. (Only his ulti compared to the new gen ults, but that's another matter completely)

Jiggly Johnson

06-30-2012

Quote:
TaintedTerror:
Rickless, if you're still reading/following this thread give Support Sejuani a chance. If you can believe it she's actually my best Support. xD Reason? Slow gives good cc, and helps allies escape sticky situations. Most support items give something to health. Aegis and Soul Shroud (Soul Shroud more than Aegis in most cases for spammable ulti) synergize with her decently well. Also Shurelia helps zone her for her ultimate.

I wouldn't go those auras on sejuani. yes they give HP, but not enough for the price to allow sejuani to keep up when it comes to tanking.

I think warmogs can't go wrong on sejuani, and then the slows and damage increase on northern winds, allows sejuani to be in the thick of fights and come out on top. You want to tank, and cc people as sejuani, and most importantly out take away their hp bar more than yours.

if you tank enough you can use your arctic assault as both an initiator AND an escape in the same fight. They start focusing you, and you just dash away the last second as your team mates clean up the kills.

chumbler

06-30-2012

Changing the lore is pretty much irrelevant since most people don't read it, and it would have no effect at all on the fundamental problem of "What she looks like she should do" having no relation at all to "What she actually does." It's a visual and gameplay design problem. You can't fix that by adding a sentence or two to the single paragraph describing her background. Morde and Kat have the same problem. Ezreal sort of does too, since there's nothing that indicates what he does at all. He's just a dude with a glove. Amumu's design also does not suggest anything about what he does.

It's too late at this point to resolve that issue for any of them, but it's something Riot needs to be aware of so that they don't do it any more. There is also the problem of a GIANT BOAR having no momentum.

TheBluezer

06-30-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
skins team isn't constrained by lore, so we wouldn't have to keep bristle for all future skins. like all other changes that the skins team makes, we'd have to evaluate what would be best for the theme as well as to how much we're comfortable committing. doing a new mount would require a lot more model, texture, and animation work at the very least, but if the team feels strongly about it being necessary then we'd try to schedule accordingly (which isn't always easy for more complicated work).

so if they can they could do a motor cycle mount i've been looking at the champs and one on a chopper would be cool

TaintedTerror

06-30-2012

Quote:
accuracy1st:
I wouldn't go those auras on sejuani. yes they give HP, but not enough for the price to allow sejuani to keep up when it comes to tanking.

I think warmogs can't go wrong on sejuani, and then the slows and damage increase on northern winds, allows sejuani to be in the thick of fights and come out on top. You want to tank, and cc people as sejuani, and most importantly out take away their hp bar more than yours.

Generally supports aren't meant to tank. They're meant to keep people alive, cause confusion, ward, and provide cc. A proper meta would have someone to fill the tank role, but even with using auras I've been able to tank and be the initiator in all my times using her as a Support.

Playing her Support is kinda like Support Mundo (haven't heard that one in a while) Survives well enough and provides enough cc to benifit the carry.

Jiggly Johnson

06-30-2012

Quote:
TaintedTerror:
Generally supports aren't meant to tank. They're meant to keep people alive, cause confusion, ward, and provide cc. A proper meta would have someone to fill the tank role, but even with using auras I've been able to tank and be the initiator in all my times using her as a Support.

Playing her Support is kinda like Support Mundo (haven't heard that one in a while) Survives well enough and provides enough cc to benifit the carry.

That is why i don't play support as sejuani and feel that is not a place sejuani belongs.

I play jungle sejuani, and usually carry hard despite having only tanky items preferably items involving titans belt, like warmogs and sunfire cape and even frozen mallet it you skilled at permaslowing when the frozen mallet slow is on cooldown, and i get massive cs each game too.

you got to keep in mind her ult saves alot of people and secures alot of kills, and same with her slows. That in itself helps out a person like caitlyn.