Hi. I知 Sejuani, and I need to be sent back to the drawing board.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merissa

06-26-2012

Idk just won ranked with a sej.
Shes there to give the team kills.
slows and assists ftw

Rathadin

06-26-2012

Bumping this again, as I find Seju to be an awesomely fun character to play, minus her inherent weaknesses as outlined by this poster.

Zanthis

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly Inc View Post
Bikohoness, If you wanna try something out for me I do have a curiosity about Lane Sejuani. I only ever play her in jungle, as I'm not much of a solotop player (It's usually grabbed up in games). I want you to start Health regen+pots and see how it goes. I know it doesn't really go with anything on her, but in my mind it's the only thing that might stabilize her laning phase.

Try these items first:
Rejuv been + pots
Regrowth + pots

For serious testing, build Rejuv into Wardens mail for most matches, but if you want to sate my curiousity and you have extra time on your hands, See if Tiamat causes Sejuani's passive to apply to splashed enemies. If it does, that could raise some really interesting possibilities for Sejuani. It probably won't though.

for regrowth, I've come to the conclusion that Shurelia's is almost always the way to go, but if you're support is already building it, try nabbing Eleisa's miracle and going for Ionian boots.. It's generally unpopular, but it's tenacity is definitely one of the under-rated ones.
I've already tried this. In fact, to this day I've still only laned her. I usually go bot with the ranged carry. I've laned with a katarina bot as well, and many other champions in top lane(duo top in normal games since there's a lack of junglers 90% of the time in my games). If you play her support tank, as in you take philo stone+heart of gold, it usually goes quite well. Depending on who you're facing however, it might be best to play defensively until you and your partner have your ultis.

I usually start up waiting in the bush with my E ready. It tends to grant first bloods often for your partner ;D. Once you have your ulti, needless to say, they should be pretty scared of you if you and your partner play really aggressively. /ulti. What's that? You think you're getting away? E+W and back off for your partner to finish. I usually also take Heal and Exhaust for my summoner spells.

I must say that laning with a katarina works out very lovely when she can ulti without caring due to them being frozen.

Anywho, heart of gold usually leads to randuin's. I sell off philo stone later once I need the space. Hope my input helps a little bit.

Zanthis

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merissa View Post
Idk just won ranked with a sej.
Shes there to give the team kills.
slows and assists ftw
Yeah, in the end you're a tank. You shouldn't be taking kills. Just live off of the assists. Not too difficult.

hunkfish

06-27-2012

as I mention in all sejuani threads, she needs some defensive buffs (ar or resist or reduce aoe damage- she too big in size to dodge any aoe...) or offensive debuffs (reduce attack speed in her frost or permfrost, seriously end game- she's just a big fat target practice to adc)

Hoptastic

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoloCup24 View Post
May I suggest this as the next skin inspiration?
Someone get this man a medal immediatly!

Aksiot

06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
quick informal poll for sejuani players:
do you buy rod of ages when playing sejuani?
why or why not?

i'm curious. :3
Always. I tend to grab rod of ages, warmogs, Randuins/force of nature, deathcap, an abyssal sceptor and a guinsoos. Sorc boots are usually where I go from here. GUYS. Try a guinsoos rageblade on her. If you want to maximize the use of your passive so that you can get in and get out more quickly, this item synergizes so well with getting auto attacks off on multiple enemies in teamfights and then being able to permafrost all of them. That, on top of her ult, is insane.

With Sej, I really just find that you need to be able to get in and get out. Boars go in to gore people. This means don't try and standoff with someone just because you feel like proving you are a badass.

Honestly, I think making her attack speed just a BIT faster would be excellent. Her passive slow is not that significant, but if she can attack a little bit faster for the sake of being able to rush in and get an auto attack off before getting manhandled, she's fine IMHO.

Also, she is my favorite melee character to run a solo lane with. Hard counters the Bruiser Meta top and out tanks most mages mid. She can be a good support too, but she's extremely item dependent, which is okay with what she brings to the table at 6. (aoe FREEZE.. GOD I LOVE THAT ULT)
She just needs last hits-- an early guinsoos usually helps me solve this problem. (8 But you gotta be good at knowing how to stay alive haha.

Balatee

06-27-2012

URF RIDER SEJUANI WHERe?

Thessalonike

06-27-2012

Riot I guess you have been busy... anything new? A possible Volty sighting?

Folly Inc

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeze View Post
Always. I tend to grab rod of ages, warmogs, Randuins/force of nature, deathcap, an abyssal sceptor and a guinsoos. Sorc boots are usually where I go from here. GUYS. Try a guinsoos rageblade on her. If you want to maximize the use of your passive so that you can get in and get out more quickly, this item synergizes so well with getting auto attacks off on multiple enemies in teamfights and then being able to permafrost all of them. That, on top of her ult, is insane.

With Sej, I really just find that you need to be able to get in and get out. Boars go in to gore people. This means don't try and standoff with someone just because you feel like proving you are a badass.

Honestly, I think making her attack speed just a BIT faster would be excellent. Her passive slow is not that significant, but if she can attack a little bit faster for the sake of being able to rush in and get an auto attack off before getting manhandled, she's fine IMHO.

Also, she is my favorite melee character to run a solo lane with. Hard counters the Bruiser Meta top and out tanks most mages mid. She can be a good support too, but she's extremely item dependent, which is okay with what she brings to the table at 6. (aoe FREEZE.. GOD I LOVE THAT ULT)
She just needs last hits-- an early guinsoos usually helps me solve this problem. (8 But you gotta be good at knowing how to stay alive haha.
I... uh.... what? When did I ever get that much gold in a game?