Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suggestion: Against pbe trolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForgottenSteakEU

05-12-2012

Hi fellow PBE testers, hi Riot.

Since countless topics where players complain about the PBE "community" already exist, this is not going to be another one of those threads but rather a suggestion how to solve this problem.

"When you confront a problem you begin to solve it." -Someone (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Summoner%27s_Code)

Some of you may argue that it does not matter because PBE is only for testing but as far as I am concerned it is taking it definitely too far if people start getting racist, insulting your mother and laughing their ass off because if they get banned they can just create a new account and recommence the whole **** again.

Now to my suggestion which would improve the pbe atmosphere immensively:
PBE Accounts shall be linked to your original account (US/EU) on which your level has to be at least 20. If you get reported, the same procedure as usual is taken: Tribunal and ban/exculpation. But here is the little difference: If your PBE Account gets banned, so does your main account. Should you want to create a new PBE Account now you would have to become level 20 on the US/EU server at first.
(Level 20 is just an example. The level should not be 30 because PBE is not for competitive gameplay but it should not be too low either because the trolls would be able to create those accounts too quickly).

Please tell me what you think about that idea and post constructive criticism.

ForgottenSteak

Edit: Yeah, I guess I will get downvotes from the trolls now because they do not want to be banned.

soundchief10

05-12-2012

Bump. great idea. i came to the PBE to help. first game i played was a pvp and it was a troll filled disaster. i like actually testing things in real situations not just bots. i feel like i can't even play people sometimes. I understand that people are people and things happen, but eventually the point of this server is defeated.

Godsfame

05-12-2012

The problem is this is all free, this is a test server and the riot employee's don't get money from "monitoring" the server. If this does go through i would want suspensions then a ban.

Gadalar

05-12-2012

Until riot decides to do something about it, "if you can't beat them join them." and that's what i'll do.

Inlustre

05-12-2012

Bump. This idea has been posted many times, but I like the stipulation of having to have a level 20 or so account. Riot should start paying attention to the PBE community about this kind of issue.

AlistarCanBePro

05-12-2012

Quote:
Inlustre:
Bump. This idea has been posted many times

mmmmhmmm, and whenever I point that out I get downvotes :c.

'Trolls' hate me.

Inlustre

05-13-2012

Quote:
THEoGRIMoREAPER:
mmmmhmmm, and whenever I point that out I get downvotes :c.

'Trolls' hate me.

Well that sucks, Here. A free upvote

Kanajos

05-13-2012

I love the idea! I would say level 30 instead of 20 though. Level 30 only takes about 2 weeks longer to get to, and it would help adress the problem of the skill range. I find that I usually get stuck with people that are generally awful. This is usually due to a low level regular account, and a lack of exposer to the game. Yet, by looking at summoners I can generally tell what level these people are and pick my champion accordingly.

Turning it to 30 would help with not as bad players (more experienced players) in games. It would also lower the range of skill diference. An ok level 20 is worst then an ok level 30 player. Generally though, level 30 players that have high elo laugh there heads off in beta due to the mistakes and the lack of skill lots of people have.

Also, I find that the people that are level 15-25 are generally the people that abuse beta. With some of these people no longer able to get into beta lots of the abuse cases won't happen.

xKamius

05-13-2012

bump and +1 for the great idea

ForgottenSteakEU

05-13-2012

Quote:
Kanajos:
I love the idea! I would say level 30 instead of 20 though. Level 30 only takes about 2 weeks longer to get to, and it would help adress the problem of the skill range. I find that I usually get stuck with people that are generally awful. This is usually due to a low level regular account, and a lack of exposer to the game. Yet, by looking at summoners I can generally tell what level these people are and pick my champion accordingly.

Turning it to 30 would help with not as bad players (more experienced players) in games. It would also lower the range of skill diference. An ok level 20 is worst then an ok level 30 player. Generally though, level 30 players that have high elo laugh there heads off in beta due to the mistakes and the lack of skill lots of people have.

Also, I find that the people that are level 15-25 are generally the people that abuse beta. With some of these people no longer able to get into beta lots of the abuse cases won't happen.

There are players level 20-29 who are better than level 30 players. I, for example, have got a friend level 27 who plays better than many level 30 players I have played against so far.
When there are no leavers/akfers anymore the strength of the teams should be almost equal and if you are better than the others you will lead your team to victory which will result in a rise of your normal elo (yes, there is something like that). At one point you will be matched only with/against people of your own skill anyway.
Not that it does really matter since PBE is for testing and not for competitive gameplay.