Meta Disregarded leads to un-fun games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Kuri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2012

maybe if you were good at this game.. your normal and rank elo wouldnt be bad and you would get teammates that arent *******

bigolfish

05-12-2012

The Asian meta is 5 ad carries in mid.

So you never know.

TFA CaptainAsia

05-12-2012

Not playing the meta isn't an instant loss. People try champions they like in normal games. I'd rather someone pick a champthey actually are good at than feed with a champ that they are forced to pick due to the 'meta'. And anyway, the meta is always changing. The pro's might find out double jungle is really good and then we'll have three solo lanes. Who knows?

KnightxSScarlett

05-13-2012

The problem I find with double jungle is that you really rely on your allies to hold their lanes. It's why I only double jungle with full premade. But it is really awesome to have 2 lanes ganked at the same time, or a super gank on bot, securing turret/dragon.

- Mageinta Warrior

Pill Popper

05-14-2012

Nidalee not buying wards? Wandering why? Most likely due to her W being a ward. /FACEPALM

Dirtydogkbc

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsDozier View Post
TL;DR - I thoroughly enjoy turtles.
Very clever there, mate. I genuinely read your whole post just to check if you had referenced turtles at all!

Anyway, the discussion..

I feel like the meta is definitely the way to go if you want to win. If you want to have a laugh there's nothing wrong with a bit of aram, Karthus jungle or whatever, especially when with your friends. Essentially, I'd put it down to 'follow the meta when playing ranked', but 'for normals, enjoy the game without messing things up for others!'

But... Its not as clear cut as you're making it out to be. The meta at the moment is pretty diverse.

Few examples; double bruiser counters Vayne and Soraka, Talon mid counters most AP champions, double AP works beautifully when you have a lot of AoE CC and who doesn't remember the roaming Alistar/Sion FotMs?

Td;lr, it only ruins ranked games (and to a lesser extent, normals), when you take diversity to far. In fact, sometimes it can make them a lot more fun, especially playing with friends!