Is it possible for an AIR aircraft carrier to exist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-28-2013

Instead of an aircraft carrier on water, it would be an aircraft carrier in the AIR.

so it would be like an airplane carrying airplanes

Attachment 601671

Is it scientifically possible? Would water-based aircraft carriers still exist if airborne carriers existed?

Umbasa

01-28-2013

way too much energy to suspend an object that high in the air for an extended period of time

Ghostshadowblade

01-28-2013

uhhhhh... Wah?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Recovery View Post
way too much energy to suspend an object that high in the air for an extended period of time
Yea, I guess it would be possible, but as Ion said, sooooo much energy to do that!

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

ITT: Nobody has heard of zeppelins.

Peacë

01-28-2013

idk you could You could try to Hindenburg it..... lots of Hindenburgs.... suspending a platform... sounds safe? right?

Einheria Valesti

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiou View Post
ITT: Nobody has heard of zeppelins.

you wanna put jets...that shoot huge gout's of fire out of their engines....on a zepplin...which is filled with highly flammable/explosive gas

uwotm8

Iytrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Really guys? I am ashamed! Where is the creativity?

Firstly, yes, it's very very possible. The scale an amount of aircraft is in question, but put a prop plane or glider under a zepplin, and huzzah!

What I would do though for this, is use some sort of solar energy and make a craft that isn't using the energy to move that much, but moreso to just float. I am not sure how much energy solar would produce, and it depends on the size of the craft, but I think on a large scale this would work. From there you just put on the planes. I feel at the very least someone should make an ever-floating sky hotel.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootăloo View Post
you wanna put jets...that shoot huge gout's of fire out of their engines....on a zepplin...which is filled with highly flammable/explosive gas

uwotm8
Fuj is known for speaking, prior to thinking.

Umbasa

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella Iytrix View Post
Really guys? I am ashamed! Where is the creativity?

Firstly, yes, it's very very possible. The scale an amount of aircraft is in question, but put a prop plane or glider under a zepplin, and huzzah!

What I would do though for this, is use some sort of solar energy and make a craft that isn't using the energy to move that much, but moreso to just float. I am not sure how much energy solar would produce, and it depends on the size of the craft, but I think on a large scale this would work. From there you just put on the planes. I feel at the very least someone should make an ever-floating sky hotel.
do you have any idea how much energy it would take to keep something like that afloat at all? solar energy wouldnt come close to cutting it, much less petroleum. its so impractical