[Suggestion] wards get their own item slot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kwikluck

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigoshi View Post
Already in the game.

Yea, we need a ward slot. 'Oh hey, you completed your build now you can't help with map awareness' wait what?

So effectively we have actually 5 slots OR we can have the 6th but be unable to be map aware. Not sure but if my champion can haul around two huge swords, wear 2 vests, boots, a bow, their standard stuff they already have, chug down potions while on the run even when fully loaded, move FASTER with all this on them and being able to cast spells on top of that I think they could carry at least one ward somewhere.
Really ... no matter how many times I click, I never get a drink ... bar tender must ignore me :P

A ward in the hand is worth to put it in the bush
How about a 60 sec ward that recharges in 60 sec. every champ has one. That way there would be early level awareness with no cost ... just have to be attentive.

axesandspears

06-17-2012

Riot considered this idea a long time ago and decided against adding additional ward, potion, etc slots.

Once you max out your slots, the only things you should be allowed to buy are instant-use elixars because the game is balanced around an end to snowballing and trade-offs for completing your build.

I am not sure Riot even wants games to last long enough for most champions to even fill those 6 item slots anymore.

HERO4Athene

06-17-2012

Wriggle's Lantern.
And perhaps add an AP equivalent.

TomRad314

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERO4Athene View Post
Wriggle's Lantern.
And perhaps add an AP equivalent.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2221945 This thread explains why that doesn't need to happen.

KaiSong

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikluck View Post
Really ... no matter how many times I click, I never get a drink ... bar tender must ignore me :P

A ward in the hand is worth to put it in the bush
How about a 60 sec ward that recharges in 60 sec. every champ has one. That way there would be early level awareness with no cost ... just have to be attentive.
no. auto free wards at any point in the game 5 wards at any given time placed correctly make any gank impossible without oracles. and then since its cd is so short you cant double back to gank before the ward's probably there again. at least with wriggles if you destroy the ward theres a blind period of a minute or two unless a different ward is placed.