How long did it take you to master last hitting?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrozen

05-12-2012

1 Year.

1 Friggin year

By mastering I mean 5 creps in a creep wave and the siege minion when it spawns.

Each wave spawns 6 minions, 3 melee and 3 ranged (+siege minion in a determined time)

That depends on the player you are playing agaisnt though, some can zone you hard and some can let you get all creeps.

WhoopsiGoldburg

05-12-2012

I still haven't mastered last hitting but, I'd say it took me three months to get really good with CSing. I can usually pull 80-90 cs at 10 minutes as ranged carry. I still struggle a little with melee champs but can usually pull a good cs.

Then again it really all depends on who your laning against. Some matchups can make it a ***** to CS and others will pretty much be a free farm fest.

thefunkyphresh

05-13-2012

My first champ was Nasus... so about two weeks to get a decent, consistent score that carried over to other champs..

hotfire

05-13-2012

Been playin for two or three years and i still havnt yet

Proletaria

05-13-2012

I've played on and off since beta and I still don't have the comfort to do well on cs early game with more than half the champs. It's really about what runes you can expect to be running, as someone said flat ad runes can help for some champs. It's also about attack animation of your champ. Some champs have a nice responsive animation and their abilities don't interrupt your farming too much. Some champs have very slow or seemingly glitchy animations where casting spells, or in some cases just a certain spell, can cause problems (ie. trundle with his bite) you have to be aware of.

The best remedy is to take your problem champ into a custom game and simply last-hit as much as possible (try to throw your abilities in now and then to check for the animation resets). Eventually you'll find a pace you are comfortable with, although translating that into a good match with an equal or counterpicked opponent will be the next challenge.

Kr0ze

05-13-2012

Last hitting is easy, try it when they deny you(last hit your minions).. and zone you.

UpgradeGaming

05-13-2012

about 2 months but that was because my friends would yell at me for pushing the lane

GoodJibbCutter

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsDozier View Post
What is there to master? You hit them when they have low HP. It's not as if you can be denied. I don't quite understand your post.
You get extra cash for last hits, cash means better items first ofc ,better items first means GG.
You know, ...playing the game?

GoodJibbCutter

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masakan View Post
Just out of curiosity how long did it take any of you? I'm still practicing myself granted its easier on some chars than others.
In LoL i basically stick with Malzahar and always mid, Last hitting is easier than A lot of people due to his abilities coupled with the fact that he is ranged and is relatively tough for his type (in my opinion).
I honestly have not used a great deal of heroes in LoL but if i get my toon contested in hero selection, (happened only twice in my whole LoL career) I chose Warwick and assisted the Mal @ the mid, WW I just stacked attack speed @ damage on and last hitting was a cinch(lane mobs I mean ofc). Especially when an allied Malz it there smashing creeps as he does so splendidly.

scarpone

05-13-2012

i prefer to last hit champs. let the other cs