I have the error but the fix doesnt work- crashing client with no error

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pwnstar5555

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2009

so when i check my log i am getting the [ERROR] Unable to download/authorize ffs http://ffs.solidstatenetworks.net/ri...s/riot-lol.ffs

however my password is already on, firewall off, IE set to low security, i re-installed, and i am running as administrator

any ideas or fixes?

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

10-30-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Thanks for reporting so quickly.

Try creating a new admin account with a password and then right click the LoL shortcut and Run as the account you created.

Let me know the results.

EDIT: Also, I'm on IRC quakenet in #lolbeta if you can hop on and talk to me, I'd appreciate it. My name is RiotJesse.

pwnstar5555

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2009

yeah i just made a new account with a password and logged in, the game is updating now, ill let you know if when its done if i can play it on my main account or not, thanks a lot!

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

10-30-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Awesome, glad to hear it's working.

If you don't mind playing around with the accounts/passwords and seeing what runs and what doesn't I would appreciate any information you find.

pwnstar5555

10-30-2009

ok well it looks like as soon as i updated LoL on my new account, i was able to log into my main one and the game is working fine, so looks like a new account is just needed to patch to the newest version

pwnstar5555

10-30-2009

just deleted "patching" account, game and client are now working fine, thanks!