Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are there champions who shouldn't Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

05-12-2012

People underestimate the value of a balanced team comp. Some champs are better than others, and some are outclassed in their role, but none are really useless if you have a good team.

BigDaddyDelish

05-12-2012

Other than crappy off builds for champs, there are only 2 champs that I groan when seeing in Dominion. Sejuani, and Annie. They just don't have a place in Dominion.

Sejuani is horribly outclassed by the other tanks/bruisers. Sure she can perma-slow, but slows just aren't as useful in Dominion. You need hard cc, and Sejuani's only hard cc is her ultimate which is on a long cooldown. Compare that to someone like Nautilus who can definitely match her mobility if not surpass it, more than outclass her damage output, and packs a TON of hard and soft cc. Or compare her to someone like Blitzcrank, or Leona. Really, there is just no reason to pick Sejuani sadly enough.

Annie is a bit better than Sej I think, it's kinda funny to build a thornmail against a heavy aa team and watch them slaughter themselves on your molten shield. But Dominion moves too quickly and she is too reliant on her ult/stun to really have much of a presence, and they aren't up enough. Her range is also fairly short, and while she can still do some damage I'd really just rather see a Viktor, Ziggs, etc. as their burst is also enormous but they also can do a lot of nasty stuff without their full combo up. Annie's main boon over other casters in Dominion (her stun) doesn't come up enough to really make her worth picking over others.

I don't get why anyone would complain about seeing a Janna or Leona though. Those champions are fantastic, definitely great picks. AP Janna packs a pretty hilarious punch along with AD Janna, and not to mention tank Janna which is **** near invincible. Leona is really good too, she has a ton of cc she can throw out on short cd's, and can give her team a massive increase in damage as well. It's just that she needs people to actually take advantage of her Sunlight for her to be any good, which has always been the case and why many players don't pick her in Solo Que.

Hell, even Zilean does alright. Just look at Pooters.

EMeta

05-12-2012

With the right skill, any champ can be amazing. Annie doesn't care about her lack of range and cooldowns if she's fed enough early to kill you in one q-w combo. A Veigar who can land multiple stuns each w cast is as op as a Blitz who can hit every q. Personally though, I'd rather my teammate use that crazy skillshot potential for Ahri or Viktor than Veigar.

If you're amazing at Annie or Sej? Great, play them, have fun! But you'd be doing yourself a favor if you learned another champ to play at that proficiency.

I have fun playing with Leona on Dom, but I usually feel she's outclassed by Alistar. No question that she's a great addition to an otherwise high-damage, low-cc team, but if you're playing solo queue & can't get someone to proc all of your passives, you'd be better with Ali.

Similarly, the POOTERS champs need a pre-made to do well. Zil & Janna are passable in solo queue, but in premades they are actually on even footing with other supports.

Foofm

05-12-2012

Annie is good in Dom, I had one on my team go like 21/7 last night. idk what you guys are smoking.

Zilean however, is pretty worthless.

Argodis

05-12-2012

Quote:
FDru:
People underestimate the value of a balanced team comp. Some champs are better than others, and some are outclassed in their role, but none are really useless if you have a good team.

This.

So many Sejuani and Annie haters. lol

SHOE788

05-12-2012

Quote:
Foofm:
Annie is good in Dom, I had one on my team go like 21/7 last night. idk what you guys are smoking.

Zilean however, is pretty worthless.

Must be low elo, Annie would (and should) get stomped by any decent pick.

Zilean is actually decent as well and can fulfill a janna-like role.

I'd add veigar to the sejuani and annie list.

Ohforfsake

05-12-2012

Sejuani, Leona, and Annie are my top 3 that I don't like seeing. I've tried them all multiple times myself as well, and just never felt as effective as other champs.

Argodis

05-12-2012

Quote:
SHOE788:
Must be low elo, Annie would (and should) get stomped by any decent pick.

Zilean is actually decent as well and can fulfill a janna-like role.

I'd add veigar to the sejuani and annie list.

I've beaten many respectable "high elo" draft players with Annie.

There are no useless champs.

weezcake

05-12-2012

There are no useless champs in dominion. You do have to play some of them differently though.

SHOE788

05-12-2012

Quote:
Argodis:
I've beaten many respectable "high elo" draft players with Annie.

There are no useless champs.

While it's noble to believe in a balance for every champ, it simply isn't the case.