Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are there champions who shouldn't Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrPlague

Recruiter

05-11-2012

I play Veigar sometimes, and people yell at me in champ select. Apparently Veigar is useless. Then I end up with tons of kills, and so useful in teamfights with my stun placements. People shut up by the end of the game.
That said, I rarely EVER see Veigar in matches.

Darmival

05-11-2012

Quote:
DrPlague:
I play Veigar sometimes, and people yell at me in champ select. Apparently Veigar is useless. Then I end up with tons of kills, and so useful in teamfights with my stun placements. People shut up by the end of the game.
That said, I rarely EVER see Veigar in matches.

Veigar is pretty useless. hes slow. no escape. his only good util is his stun circle.

problem with veigar is he cant really farm his Q on Dom + Ap champs are uncommon so his ult tends to be underwhelming.

Tortferngatr

05-11-2012

Veigar needs to land his stun far consistently than on SR to avoid being generally outclassed by Ryze.

Madkuntt

05-11-2012

Exactly, why would you play Veigar when you can play Ryze? Annie is just god no... In my opinion anyway... Just no. Janna is awesome, Leona is good for premade higher elo teams I dunno how confident I'd be with solo queing her. Goes back to the question what are you playing blind or draft pick? If you're playing blind get amongst the terrible ten... Urgot, Yorick, Wukong etc etc...

Grantson

05-11-2012

Quote:
I also have a habit of playing mildly unorthodox characters such as Annie, Janna or Leona and get chided for doing so.

They're all fine, just as long as your team isn't too AP dependent. Ideally the bottom player can be what ever they want, while the top 4 should be a balance team of AD and AP. The one's you listed are all AP types.

larkhill

05-11-2012

annie is really the only 1 that i would say is completely useless in dominion.

yes, veigar is very bad in dominion, but he is by no means useless. it works a lot like jarvan ult where u lock anyone inside the circle in, and anyone outside the circle out. from there u can do any number if things like morg ult, fid ult, kennen ult, or anything else u can think of. on a fairly short cd, an aoe stun is pretty op. ever had to stall a few seconds so ur teammates can cap a point? veig stun will block off an entire corridor. thats pretty op imo. is it situational? yes. but in the right team comp, its amazing.

annie is the ONLY champ that i think has no place in dominion. its simply too fast of a mode for her to work and without her stun, she's just not good.

EDIT: leona is not an unorthadox champion. she's one of the better tanks in dominion. her ability to lock down a champion is INSANE. her ult has a HUGE range and a low cd. its amazing. no, she is not outclassed by nautilus/blitz. u can hide behind a minion to stop nautilus/blitz from grabbing you. leona doesnt give a f**k what you're hiding behind. her E goes through minions and her ult is an aoe stun. gg.

DrPlague

Recruiter

05-11-2012

Quote:
Larkhill:

yes, veigar is very bad in dominion, but he is by no means useless. it works a lot like jarvan ult where u lock anyone inside the circle in, and anyone outside the circle out. from there u can do any number if things like morg ult, fid ult, kennen ult, or anything else u can think of. on a fairly short cd, an aoe stun is pretty op. ever had to stall a few seconds so ur teammates can cap a point? veig stun will block off an entire corridor. thats pretty op imo. is it situational? yes. but in the right team comp, its amazing.

Exactly.
I played with a Jax and Pantheon at the time, we co-ordinated it so they both jumped the same person. That champ was dead every time, they then focused a second and every time I landed my stun (I land it for an immediate stun most of the time, and area effect others) we slaughtered group battles.

Yes, Veigar is slow, but if you have teammates that will look out for you, don't be a BAD and be on your own, you'll do well by your team.

azurefishie

05-11-2012

Quote:
Larkhill:
annie is really the only 1 that i would say is completely useless in dominion.

annie is the ONLY champ that i think has no place in dominion. its simply too fast of a mode for her to work and without her stun, she's just not good.

I typically play her as bottom. I just hold that point and don't really roam much. Having a "second champ" to help is nice as well. I run garrison as well and typically do really good. To each their own. I've had more people complain about me playing Janna than Annie oddly enough.

Phourc

05-12-2012

Quote:
DrPlague:
I rarely EVER see Veigar in matches.

I will never argue *against* an AoE stun on my team.

That said, you have to keep him alive long enough to use it, and the few veigars I see on Dom tend to fail in that regard.

Zarthorn

05-12-2012

Quote:
Phourc:
I will never argue *against* an AoE stun on my team.

That said, you have to keep him alive long enough to use it, and the few veigars I see on Dom tend to fail in that regard.

I tend to play a more "supportive Veigar" building stuff like Abysmal Scepter and SR over a Deathcap.

With a SR and Boots of Mobility, Veigar isn't going to get caught by anyone in a hurry, he can pretty much bait the enemy team into a trap, stuncage them and watch the carnage unfold!

For champs I'd say are pretty...useless on Dominion, I'd say Sivir, she doesn't seem to do anything better or as good as other champs.