Community: Why do you play Twisted Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Taco Storm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Lead

05-14-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I play 3s because it feels like a much tighter, closer knit team experience. It's me an 2 other people working together right from the get go to win.

In Dom/SR, there are other people who have very different roles, and they typically don't start to interact until like the 20-30 minute mark when team fights are happening.

But everything in TT is far more dependent and your two other team mates; it's a lot of fun.

Maeleene

05-14-2012

I don't play it very often. But when I do, it's usually because I have five friends plus myself, so we split into teams of three and duke it out on TT. It's more circumstance than any real desire to play the map. The other rare occasions I play it come down to a wild hare, so to speak.

Concerto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2012

Like the taco said, right from the beginning its a team effort, as you get lots of ganks and jungle fights

ArlanKels

05-14-2012

More control over the outcome.
Faster games(When extreme turtle edition isn't going)
I tend to play with 1-2 other people a lot so it's far easier to get a 3v3 full team than a 5v5 full team. So we made a "joke" team for ranked and...well, we've won a few and lost a few.

Overall though I prefer Dominion(More immediate action, less 5v5s) but I prefer TT over SR. Sadly nobody I play with likes TT outside of our ranked 3 man.

Ragnar Draconus

05-14-2012

Every month or so I will forget why I hate it so much and will go try it again with friends. Then we remember and the cycle repeats.

Mjd24

05-14-2012

Either so I can play with both my little brothers at once, or so that I can take 6 people, and play with them all.

If there are 5 people and they are all good enough, I just play summoner Rift usually, but with 6, and maybe one is noob, instead of excluding, I just play TT.

Nukemouse

05-14-2012

TT is more exciting, the battles it offers are much less expected, dominion you know the fights are going to be around the points as soon as each team has respawned and on SR you know it'll be laning + ganks until lategame when teamfights will be the bread and butter. Though dragon is sometimes interesting on SR.
Also at my elo on TT the meta is much less rigid, i have seen many successful team comps.
The jungle buffs are better.

Aaaand the last thing i can think of is that due to the lower number of players individual player skill matters more.

KnightCheckmate

05-14-2012

I like playing it because I have 2 friends online more often the 4 friends online, and its nice having a full premade team rather than randoms mixed with your premade.

Tlaon

05-14-2012

TT is small enough that my puny brain can comprehend it. I can actually think about where everyone is at any given moment. I like the freedom this gives me in moving around the map and my greater agency as 1/6th of the human participants rather than 1/10th.

Stormsurgez

05-14-2012

Action packed